Canon EOS 300d, Card slot problem?

elliott FTW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
evenin' all.
ive got a but of a problem with my camera. Whats happened is that two of the pins that read the compact flash are bent, and i mean bent, at 90 degrees, which causes the camera to say 'error 02'

ive been into two photographic shops (one being jessops) and ive been told that it would cost £40 to send off and for canon to decide whether i need a new part or not, and then the actual cost of the part (130) because itz not under warranty anymore.

and the other guy said £300 outright.

anybody else have any solutions? where i can buy get the part? or if i can send the camera off to someone else to fix it?

thankyou
elliott x

I've heard of people bending the pins back themselves but it's tricky.

If it does need repair, Canon service is probably the only place that has the parts...anyone else would just be buying from them anyway.

For the price of shipping and repair etc...you could probably buy another 300D, they must be dirt cheap on the used market.

Maybe now is a good time for an upgrade, the new models are have made great strides in technology since the 300D.

Sorry but I think it's the end. A slightly bent pin can be bent back. But they are fragile. I have never managed to bend back a pin from 90 degrees without it breaking.

Can try though. The entire CF slot needs replacing anyway so it won't hurt.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back