Canon EOS 30D announced

Big Mike said:
The LCD is bigger and supposedly easier to view. It has a spot meter. ISO viewable in the viewfinder...although only when you change it. Bigger buffer.
No huge leaps for the 20D gang to be upset over. :)

Big Mike said:
I don't know who in the world would want a direct print button, on this grade of camera...
The "purists" maybe?! :p

Big Mike said:
I don't know who in the world would want a direct print button, on this grade of camera...but it's got one.

A wedding or on location portrait photographer who wants to bring a small dye-sub printer and print 4x6 proofs on the spot, with no computer.

Digital Matt said:
A wedding or on location portrait photographer who wants to bring a small dye-sub printer and print 4x6 proofs on the spot, with no computer.
Good point. But this is assuming that the images are JPEG's, right?

THis 30D is bound to fail...if this becomes some success, it will be once a again proof of how people waste money like its goint out of style..

Now that camera is looking rather inviting .. it's come to shoot lenses .. it's lovely buttons.

<Homer Simpson impression> "mmmmmm Canon what can't it do"

In seriousness. Canon have taken the pro market and shaken it up. About 10 years ago when I first started covering matches wherethe pros were they all use Nikon. Now go to any big game and ALL the pros are using the Canon range. and to quote them "They make the best and they make it well"

only some of the older pro still use Nikon. and I still think they are good camera, just that now Canon have got the edge.

So it's lotto ticket time, and if I win I promise that every single one of you will get a

look at my photos when I buy one ;)

Why will it fail? Why does it say anything? It's just the next in line. The 20D is gone, just as the 10D is, and the 30D has a few more things and is a little cheaper. People who would have bought the 20D (or the 10D before that) will buy the 30D instead. Upgrading from a 20D doesn't make sense, but I think it does as a new camera for someone.

I'm with you guys on that lens.... my 85mm f1.8 has been nice but I've been drooling over the new 85mm since it was announced.

I'm not too hyped up with the 30D. Almost seems like it should have been designated the 20Dn or 20D markII.

markc said:
Why will it fail? Why does it say anything? It's just the next in line. The 20D is gone, just as the 10D is, and the 30D has a few more things and is a little cheaper. People who would have bought the 20D (or the 10D before that) will buy the 30D instead. Upgrading from a 20D doesn't make sense, but I think it does as a new camera for someone.

Oh, i forgot to mention that what i said applys to all 20D users because it doesnt make sense :blushing:

Just picked a 30D up yesterday. MAJOR improvement over my 10D. But I agree if I was a 20D owner I probably wouldn't bother.

Most reactions

Back