canon EOS 30V 'DATE'

Rob A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
hey guys, i was just wandering, what is the DATE feature on this camera do? because i have been told i can the date version of the canon EOS 30V if i pay an extra 25£.

also, is this a good film camera? i wanted a canon so i can use my lenses from my 300D.

thanks guys

The 'date' feature is a special back (the door) that will allow you to imprint the date onto the negatives when you shoot the photo. It holds a small watch battery to remember the date. It might be a good feature if you are documenting something and want the date on all of your photos...but I don't think I would ever use it.

In fact, I have a date back on my old EOS 650...with a dead battery...and I've never bothered to replace the battery.

That should be a good film camera that will complement your 300D very well. You will be able to use all EF lenses on both cameras...but you can not use EF-S lenses on the film camera.

Why would you want to ruin a photograph by printing the date on it? The date backs are just a gimmick like many other "idiot" features still present on cameras. Digital cameras have made dating the photo obselete as the date can now be found on the file info.

My advice; don't waste your money. If you must date your photos, write it on the back when you get them back from your processor.

Diarmuid said:
Why would you want to ruin a photograph by printing the date on it? The date backs are just a gimmick like many other "idiot" features still present on cameras. Digital cameras have made dating the photo obselete as the date can now be found on the file info.

My advice; don't waste your money. If you must date your photos, write it on the back when you get them back from your processor.

NEVER write anything on the back of your prints.

over time the ink will bleed through the paper and cause irrepairable damage.

Diarmuid said:
Although I wouldn't want the date imprinted in a neg, it doesn't make it an idiot feature, I'm sure of lot of people wouln't mind a small date marking that could be cropped out in printing. Also, not everyone uses digital these days. I have a small notebook that I right down shot info in date, film, f-stop, shutter speed etc...

The date or other info on the edge of the negative wouldn't be so bad but I think the date back in question puts the date well into the frame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back