Canon EOS 350D or Sony Alpha DSLR-A100?

alexandergre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

This is the first time I want to buy a Digital System Camera.
My budget is around 950USD(700Euro).
and now, after a very a week of reviewing digital cameras on the internet sites such as Flickr, Cnet, The Photo, ...., I have decided to buy Canon EOS 350D or Sony Alpha DSLR-A100.
But the problem is I cant decide between this two. (I think eos 350D is better).
Which one should I buy?

and a question about canon EOS400D:
is this camera: EOS400D much better than 350D?

regards,

alexandergre.

I'm confused. You managed to narrow it down this far, and now you think the 350D is better, but you want to know which to buy? Sorry but it's a personal choice, and if you already think one is better then what can we say? :confused:

Guess it depends on what you want to do. I narrowed it down to the same 2...well 3 included the 400D and ended up getting the sony. I'm not exactly sure how you find the 350D better. Why exactly was that your opinion and what kind of shooting will you be doing?

Try ignoring specifications for a minute and consider something more basic... the 350D has been around for longer, so more people have been using it to post on Flickr. :)

Also it's cheaper; the 400D may be better but you'd have to consider whether the differences are enough to justify the price difference for you.

Yes, you are defiantly right. I'm going to buy EOS 350D.
I also have to buy a bag and 2GB memory for it, so it will going to be expensive.

Problem resolved.
ZaphodB and SteveLuke Thank you very much.

regards,

alexandergre.

Yes, you are defiantly right. I'm going to buy EOS 350D.
I also have to buy a bag and 2GB memory for it, so it will going to be expensive.

Problem resolved.
ZaphodB and SteveLuke Thank you very much.

regards,

alexandergre.
Good choice. The 350d/rebel XT has a numerous amount of lenses and has better image quality.

Really not sure about that last part... but certainly you have made a good choice and should be very happy with the Rebel and the Canon system.

Good luck with the camera :D Again, keep in mind they're all good cameras, and you could take great pictures with any of them.

Wow! I have found another camera, Its awesome: Sony Cybershot DSC F828
What do you think?
I was thinking to get Eos350D until this morning. But when I found this camera my mind is going crazy.
Please help me choose the best one.(I dont know very much about cameras, but I am learning. I'm am learning from this site)
Which would you buy? and why?

Thank you very much!

You really need to go somewhere and hold these cameras and feel wich one feels the most comfortable to you. Personally I would prefer the Canon but you need to decide for yourself.

You really need to go somewhere and hold these cameras and feel wich one feels the most comfortable to you. Personally I would prefer the Canon but you need to decide for yourself.
I agree totally,
Same as you, I narrowed my choice to the 350 or A100, ( the EOS400 wasn't yet out in the UK) and was leaning towards the Canon. I went to the shop intending to buy the Canon but before I did I asked to hold both and have a play around with the controls. The Sony just felt right in my hands, the weight felt right and the buttons were where my fingers could find them without looking at the camera, decision made!
If I can give you any advice it is to go to the shop and hold all of the cameras you are interested in, you'll know which one to buy.
Dave..
A proud A100 owner

Since the camera will spend a lot of time in your hands, holding it and trying it out beforehand is most important.

I had started a "Canon Fund" when I first started saving for my DSLR. After trying out several different models and brands, I decided on the Sony A100.

The fit and the well laid out controls were the most natural for me. I am glad I kept an open mind when I chose it.

Good Luck!

I agree totally,
Same as you, I narrowed my choice to the 350 or A100, ( the EOS400 wasn't yet out in the UK) and was leaning towards the Canon. I went to the shop intending to buy the Canon but before I did I asked to hold both and have a play around with the controls. The Sony just felt right in my hands, the weight felt right and the buttons were where my fingers could find them without looking at the camera, decision made!
If I can give you any advice it is to go to the shop and hold all of the cameras you are interested in, you'll know which one to buy.
Dave..
A proud A100 owner

Same exact thing here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back