Canon EOS 40D + Tokina 11-16mm/2.8 up for sale! [NOR]

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've decided to sell me beloved EOS 40D. With it goes my fairly new Tokina 11-16mm/2.8 ultra wide angle lens. My reason for selling is a wish to enter the full frame world. Anyone can buy, but please notice that I live in Norway, and that it would have to be sent abroad for international buyers. The pictures provided are taken by me in my light tent. Taken with a Canon 450D and Canon 50/1.8. I have adjusted contrast, saturation and cropped and sharped. I have not cloned out stuff. What you see, is what I sell - not some random google shot of my camera.

About the body:
This model isn't exactly the newest on the market, but capable still. This specific specimen was new in 2009, and has had two owners, me being the second. I bought it from a friend with a big interest in photography, not some spoiled and skill less kid. Without exact numbers, I would guess this camera has taken 15000-20000 exposures, maybe a little more. However, this camera was in for service earlier this spring. There they changed the shutter, and so one can expect this body to deliver many more exposures! Here is a site collecting data for max number of exposures for the 40D (I can't guarantee its credibility):

canon eos 40d | Camera Shutter Life Database

I have the receipt for the service, should that be of interest. I do not have the original box, nor original receipt. It was originally bought in the USA, as my friend was studying abroad.
Cosmetically, this body is what you should expect after three years of heavy use. Some scratches, dust on the LCD screen etc. Nothing major that will affect how it works, purely cosmetic stuff. See pictures.

About the lens:
Bought new in January. This has been the lens I use the most. There are many awesome possibilities with such an ultra wide angle lens! There are plenty of reviews of it on the web, if you want to read such. Obviously, this one has a Canon mount. I bought this new for about $1000/£660.
The lens is cosmetically in great shape. I won't say it's "perfect" or "as new", because it has been used for half a year. If it has any scratches, those won't affect image quality. See pictures. I can provide the original box with the receipt.

You also get my Canon BG-E2N battery grip. With it, comes two original Canon batteries. The shutter button on the grip makes some sort of noise when I press it down, but it has never let me down. The hatch for the body (which dwells in the battery grip when it's on) you will get as well (I have not lost it yet, LOL, better buy fast!)

You also get my hähnel Twin V Pro battery charger. This one takes two batteries simultaneously, which comes in handy if you use the grip often! See pictures (obviously, you also get the cable).

I regret to inform you that no strap for the body, nor any memory cards will be included in this sale. All caps for the lens as well as the cap for the body, is included.

In my ad in Norway, I ask for $1250/£800. Here, however, I ask $1150/£736, as a favour to the good members of this community. For more information about what I'm selling, don't hesitate to send me a personal message.

Til sals_1 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_3 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_4 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_5 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_6 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_7 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_8 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_9 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_10 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_11 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_12 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_13 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Til sals_14 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

If you've made it to here, I salute you :) I thank you for watching.

Bump

One buck/pound off both items!! :)

The 40D body is going for as low as $300 these days, and that lens with a Canon mount is going for $500. That's $800 total.

Your "deal" of $1150 is about $400 too high to be a "deal" for your friends here at TPF, but good luck with that.

I know, but stuff is much more expensive in Norway. 2300 NOK for the body is a good price for a 40D in Norway, which equals $400. $800 is 260 dollars less than what I paid for the lens itself. I realise I probably won't have many American buyers, but I thought I'd put it up here as well.

And, Buckster, don't forget the battery grip ;)

I know, but stuff is much more expensive in Norway. 2300 NOK for the body is a good price for a 40D in Norway, which equals $400. $800 is 260 dollars less than what I paid for the lens itself. I realise I probably won't have many American buyers, but I thought I'd put it up here as well.

I don't see it to be too far off for the used market with the battery grip included. 350 (body) + 175 (grip) + 600 (lens) = 1,125 USD. These were all price approximations from Amazon for "buy used."

GLWS.

PS what FF body are you upgrading to? 5Dc?

I don't see it to be too far off for the used market with the battery grip included. 350 (body) + 175 (grip) + 600 (lens) = 1,125 USD. These were all price approximations from Amazon for "buy used."

GLWS.

PS what FF body are you upgrading to? 5Dc?

5Dmk1 is the plan. I must find a good specimen, from a "reliable" seller, though. I expect to pay a little more than what I get for the 40D (selling the 40D is the hard part, the tokina will sell itself). Also, the plan is to let the 11-16mm finance a used 17-40L. Better noise performance, full frame - just a better body for "my use" (landscapes and such, you've seen what I post here). A better lens in many ways and a minimal loss of money.

Last edited:
Price discussable

Most reactions

New Topics

Back