Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Hey guys,

I went and saw the 7D Mark II, didn't get it. Here's why:
  1. the pins on some terminals were bent
  2. the shutter made a suspicious sound
  3. the rear element of a lens had obvious scratches on it
  4. the price: 1.300 USD just for the body seemed too much considering we're talking about used equipment.

Hey guys,

I went and saw the 7D Mark II, didn't get it. Here's why:
  1. the pins on some terminals were bent
  2. the shutter made a suspicious sound
  3. the rear element of a lens had obvious scratches on it
  4. the price: 1.300 USD just for the body seemed too much considering we're talking about used equipment.

$1300 is definitely too much for just a the camera body ... considering Canon will sell you a refurbished 7D II that comes with a 1 year warranty for $1200.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Body Refurbished

The refurbished body with the 18-135mm lens is $1450.

I got mine new for $1300. It was a sale price but I think they are only $1400 regular price now. So I think that you made the right decision.

I got mine new for $1300. It was a sale price but I think they are only $1400 regular price now. So I think that you made the right decision.

wait til you see a good 7D2 refurbished price

You didn't say the type of photography you are into. The 7d2 is overkill for most users and the price is a premium. Have you looked at the much cheaper 70d. It doesn't have all the complex stuff and build of the 7d, but still rattles off 7fps, has a great autofocus system and costs less

I know it's an overkill. I wasn't necessarily looking for this type of camera, an opportunity came up and I said to give it a try. So it's not a big deal for me I didn't buy it. I took a closer look at the 70d and really like it, not to mention the price. It has a small viewfinder, but not a major issue.

Hey Amanda,
Yeah, I think I did the right thing too. I've checked the regular price, it kind of varies between 1400 - 1500 USD. You got a good deal on yours.

Another option is the nikon d7200, which if you don't need more than 6fps is another good option, as is the pentax k3, all cheaper than the 7d2, but good options nonetheless

Another option is the nikon d7200, which if you don't need more than 6fps is another good option, as is the pentax k3, all cheaper than the 7d2, but good options nonetheless
I've read that the Pentax K-3 leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the JPEG color response. On the other hand, I would have the budget for it, so I'll do more digging.

I've read that the Pentax K-3 leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to the JPEG color response. On the other hand, I would have the budget for it, so I'll do more digging.

That may be true, i've read similar before. I usually do the raw thing so it wouldn't be an issue for me.

If you are going to be shooting jpeg, Fuji files look great. There newer mirrorless offereings look great if you don't specifically need a dslr. Nice lenses to

I intend on checking the X-T10. It's considerably cheaper than the X-T1 and, from my point of view, there aren't any major differences. They use the same sensor, the autofocus system seems great. As I said, I'm kind of used to the mirrorless so this would be right up my alley.

I intend on checking the X-T10. It's considerably cheaper than the X-T1 and, from my point of view, there aren't any major differences. They use the same sensor, the autofocus system seems great. As I said, I'm kind of used to the mirrorless so this would be right up my alley.

the 7D2 is not mirrorless but if you don't shoot sports mirrorless systems are great - small, lightweight and cheap
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

I don't shoot sports, at least haven't done it so far. My previous cameras were mirrorless, I was offered the 7D Mark II and thought I'd check it out, see the difference. But considering it didn't turn out how I expected, for now I'm gonna stick with the mirrorless. So far I'm leaning towards Fuji.

PS Nice photos!

In the UK grey market imports are about the same price (or less) as second hand for Cameras like 7DMKII etc so it is only worth buying old cameras second hand

Most reactions

Back