Canon EOS Digital Rebel VS Nikon D70

Shark said:
Patrick said:
This post (originaly) was the D70 vs the Digital rebel.

Do you honestly think Nikon droped the ball with a product to compete with the digital rebel.
Not at all. I think both cameras have positives and negatives. One is lacking where the other is strong. I honestly think that anyone who categorically says one is better than the other is a fool.
The D70 is basicly a D100 with a cheaper frame and added features.

If you can still argue that the Digital Rebel is the way to go between the TWO then logic has been thrown out the window.

The 300d is basically a 10d with fewer AF sensors and a smaller buffer. It's the exact same sensor.

Well...guess I'm the fool.
Hours wasted online researching the two before I wrote the check.

Gosh... better run down to the camera store and tell the salespeople down there that they too are idots. :roll:

Ugh, you just don't get it. You DID the research and made an informed choice. I'm saying that someone that blindly claims one platform is better than the other is a fool. You decided that the Nikon is best for you personally. I did the research and decided that the Canon is best for me personally.

Well, when I got to the store I got to handle both cameras. (I did a lot of research and looked at many sample images from both)... I decided on the nikon because of what I believe are better lenses to upgrade to, the camera felt better in my hand (the rebel felt fairly cheap, and the texture was smooth, I liked the bumpy texture on the nikon), I like the layout of the nikon, I like the extra features of the nikon, and I think the images look better (altho they have a bit more noise than the rebel, but the nikon's colour reproduction seems to be more accurate). Both of them are amazing cameras, but I decided on the nikon.

(The store also carried a black digital rebel, is it the same model as the silver one just in a different body?)

Shark said:
Weird, I didn't know they were putting out a black 300d!! Cool!

I just heard that yesterday, myself. I would like to get that one when I order mine (if all goes well, in I'll be ordering in about a week! :) ) so that my boyfriend and I don't have the exact same camera! Don't know if it will be available on Newegg in a week or not, though!

santino said:
you know what folks, just imagine there is no Nikon and no Canon :D

another problem solved :lol:

santino, you are wise beyond your years!!!

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back