Canon EP-EX15 Eyepiece Extender

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Xmetal, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I bought one of these little add-ons off Ebay a week ago and it showed up in the mail so I thought i'd do a little write-up on it. :)

I bought this unit because I hated pressing my nose up against the camera and because it allows for a greater Diopter range so I no longer need to wear my glasses when i'm using my camera. :)

[​IMG]

They're easy enough to fit, just unclip your OEM eyepiece and fit it to the Extender...

[​IMG]

Then slide the extender onto the camera body where your OEM eyepiece used to be. :)

[​IMG]

What does it do? Basically it gives the user a larger diopter range and prevents the users nose from pressing against the camera back. :)

As for Viewfinder difference; the extender effectively 'zooms out' the viewfinder and things may appear smaller but really they are not, the focal points are still visible enough and I can still read the shutter/appeture information with ease. :)

well worth the money if you wear glasses or if you're after some comfort for those long shoots in the field. :)

The unit will fit most Canon EOS SLRs. :)

2. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    I had one a long time ago and it kept falling off. One day, I lost it and never thought about getting another.

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Had one on my 10D from about a week after I first bought it, works well for me and I wouldn't be without it.
    Have noticed that it's not a super tight fit and it's possible for it to move up though so far it's never come close to falling off.

4. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've been using one for several months now. It's a pretty snug fit and the main advantage for me, is that I don't have to press my whole greasy face up against the screen :er: