Canon Flash Shoe Cord

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by MohaimenK, Jul 26, 2010.

1. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are most people using the Cnon brand or going with cheaper ones from e-bay? Thinking of getting one for my 580ex so wasn't sure if it'd matter going with cheaper ones than Canon brand?

2. shmne

shmne No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Personally I stick with name brand. With that said, I also use acknowledged third party vendors known for making good reliable products suited for use on canon.

Basically what you pay for is what you get. If you buy a cheap cord it will last a while with lite use, but if you are planning on using it 24/7 I would go with a more reliable cord.

Also, just a quick last note. If you are being paid for your photography you owe it to your clients to use the most reliable equipment possible.

3. MohaimenK

MohaimenK TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for getting back. I just went and bought a cheap $13 one for home use. I just got the 580 a few days ago and certainly not using it as a professional use nor do I plan to in the near future. I should be good for now. Eventually I will go with a name brand product but for practice $13 wasn't bad.

4. shmne

shmne No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree completely, to me skimping on a cord isn't the end of the world unless I need to know it must work every time I use it.

Now go have some ocf fun :D