Canon Full Frame Sensors??

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, Ive been looking a canon full frame sensors for a little bit, just out of curiosity. I think I know what it means. It means that the CMOS sensor is the same size as the old SLR's (24x36).

So, I know what it means, but what advantages adn disadvantages does this larger sensor have?

Ohh boy, not another thread. Can you not search this? It's been discussed thousands of times.

But here's a quick rundown for you: bigger sensor equals larger , more accurate photosites(pixels), which means it's better in low light and more accurate in recording light in general. It also changes your effective focal length, making it wider than it would be on a cropped sensor. Some people like that.

For the most part, a larger sensor allows for larger photosites on the sensor bed and/or a lower pitch (number of sites per area)...this usually means improved image quality and lowe noise levels, especially at higher ISO levels. (I think that's how it goes)

With a new 'full frame' body like the 5DII, you can shoot at ISO 3200 or even 6400 and get usable images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back