Canon i9900 printer profiles

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by FlashSpeedo, Dec 14, 2004.

1. FlashSpeedo

FlashSpeedo TPF Noob!

I'm printing 6MP JPEG images from Photoshop 7 on my Canon i9900 printer and getting mixed results. sometimes it prints out phenomenal images, crystal clear, well balanced. but sometimes it prints out (the same image) in crap resolution with colors way out of whack. Sometimes i can close the image, reopen and it print it again and it comes out great. i'm burning up a lot of paper and ink trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong. I'm guessing my problem stems from my ignorance of how to select paper types and set up color profiles. I'm using RedRiver UltraPro Satin paper, but using a glossy paper doesn't change my result. HELP!

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Hi, welcome to the forum. This question probably needs to be in the General forum, hopefully a mod will be along shortly.

3. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein Clinically Insane?

Use canon papers... otherwise you're wasting money with brand inks and no brand paper.

They've been designed to work together, so use them. Not something else. For best results put some Photo Paper Pro and you'll like what you see.

Also... balance your monitor

Cheers