canon IXUS 860 pics

mebond007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi

Just baught canon ixus 860IS and took some pics.
b ut i am very disspointed.
took pcitures at 8M setting and produced an image size of 3MB but really no sharpness.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52195557@N00/
can someone tell what am i doing wrong
searched for some pictures on the photographyblog.com from the same camera and they were amazing.
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_canon_digital_ixus_860_is.php

can someone analyse what's wrong with these pcitures. i suspect my camera might have some problems.

i have tried to take pcitures in diffent modes such as day light, manual setting, potrait,snow,etc and etc but i never get the sharpness.

i am really getting sick of this camera!!!!it ruined my trip really

Heya mebond, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You have had a whole thread on how unhappy you are with your new Ixus over at The Beginners' Place already and everyone there's been telling you that the photos you took look technically sound. Why do you start a new thread with the self-same RANT on your camera and the self-same photos once again? The night photo has camera shake due to long exposure! You would have needed a tripod for that one, but not necessarily a different camera!

The waterfall pic is as sharp as can be. What more do you want? And the photos from high above across whichever city that is seem to have been taken through glass. Were they? If so, what more do you expect in sharpness?

But why start a new thread all over, I wonder??? Unless you have a very good answer to this question of mine, I might need to go merge the two threads into one.

Well , you spoke withour looking at the pics at the photographyblog website.

and because u already suspect that i took photos behind a glass, although i took the photos from my balcony and there was no glass in between...that just shows you did not find the sharpness!!!!!!!

have a look at the photos of that website and then say something...do NOT RANT like that.

Please make sure you have read our guidelines to this forum, to be found under FAQ, where it says (among other things)

* Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.

You seem to be frustrated with your camera so much that you would much rather exchange it for another, so why don't you go to the shop, complain, tell them, get another!? Many people have told you already that your photos are sharp enough in the other thread, you don't want to hear it, you have your opinion, anyway, so why start a second thread in another forum on here complaining in the same manner??

And what do you know about the post processing those on the photoblog did to their photos? Unsharp Mask can do a lot with regards to a photo's sharpness ... after it had been taken. Don't take photos presented in the internet at face value, or all necessarily as straight-out-of-camera photos. Most of us here make use of Photoshop or a similar programme, and sharpening is one of the tools to be used (mostly by means of the USM = unsharp mask).

Most reactions

Back