Canon kit lens hood

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it just arrived and it seems extremely pointless. $20 wasted lol.

Edit: I should clarify - it's tiny. It barely extends past the filter I have on making me wonder what the point is?

That's the problem with wide angle (short focal length) lenses. Their FOV doesn't allow for much of a hood before it starts to vignette.

You should see my 10-22mm and it's hood. It's the size of a plate...I don't often use it, simply because it doesn't fit well in my camera bag.

Canon-EF-S-10-22mm-f3.5-4.5-USM.jpg

I have a hood for every one of my lenses except the 10-22 for that exact reason. It's huge and more or less useless. The thing is so wide, that unless the sun is behind you, it's likely going to sneak in the frame; hood or not!

I'd use it, if only for physical protection...but it's just too big to pack around most of the time.

Well, it just arrived and it seems extremely pointless. $20 wasted lol.

Edit: I should clarify - it's tiny. It barely extends past the filter I have on making me wonder what the point is?

It won't seem like nearly as much of a waste the next time you are out shooting a landscape shot with some nice vegetation in the close foreground and the wind blows a small tree branch into the front of your lens. That is when you will appreciate the protection it can provide.

Here it is in all its uselessness. The lens has a polarizing filter on it.

newlenshood.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back