Canon lens M 200mm 3.5???

Photosinphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can somebody please help me identify this lens? All I have is this photo (see attached) I have an opportunity to buy it but I don't know anything about it!

Many thanks, Fred
Screenshot_2017-06-27-11-59-50-1.png

A quick search found this.

"Canon FL-mount 200mm f/3.5 Telephoto lens

Intensely effective telephoto effects are possible even when hand-held. This lens has a built-in type lens hood and a completely automatic diaphragm mechanism. Compensations for the various aberrations are excellent, and the high contrast and superior resolving power of the lens are its other outstanding features.

This lens is widely used for shooting sporting events, animal life and for news photography besides snapshots and portraiture.

Name: Canon Lens FL 200mm F3.5
Focal Length: f=200mm
Aperture Ratio
: 1:3.5
Construction
: 5 components, 7 elements

Coating: Magenta Diaphragm: Automatic/ Manual preset type Min. Aperture: 22 Distance Scale: 2.5 - 30 oo in meters, 8 -100 oo in feet
Angle of View
: Diagonal 12°, Horizontal 10°, Vertical 7°
Focusing System:Straight drive double helicoid
Hood
: Built-in type Filter Size: 58mm (2-5/16") Length x Max. Dia: 152 x 70mm (6" x 2-3/4") Weight: 680 grams (1 lb. 8 oz.)"

Resource link here

Thanks very much :)

I had looked at the fl lenses but couldn't see any with the 'M' so I thought it might be something else...

I had looked at the fl lenses but couldn't see any with the 'M' so I thought it might be something else...

It is something else.

It's not the FL 200/3.5 lens. As you can see in the picture below that lens has no "M" on the name ring:

fl200_zps3ibu8qfs.jpg

I would have to see the rest of the lens pictured in your post to be sure but the Canon "M" 200/3.5 is for Canon rangefinder cameras equipped with the reflex housing (aka "Mirror Box.") It is very rare.

Last edited:
I'd love to see that mount end...I have the Canon 200 f3.5 macro and it is a GREAT lens on A1, Ae1, and F1.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back