Canon Lens

rallyxe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm getting a canon eos 350D in about a week or two and was wondering it the lenses of my canon eos 300 will fit on the 350D, anyone know?
thanks

Any lens that fits onto the EOS 300 will fit onto the 350D. There are a few lenses that will fit the 350D but not your 300...these lenses are designated EF-S. The kit lens that usually comes with the 350D is one of these EF-S lenses.

Also, because the sensor on the 350D is smaller than 35mm film, the lenses will have a different field of view on the 350D than they do on the EOS 300. The factor is 1.6x times...so a 50mm lens on the 350D will look the same as an 80mm lens on the 300.

This makes it hard to get wide angles on the 350D but easier for telephoto...although it does not actually give you anymore magnifications.

Big Mike said:
Any lens that fits onto the EOS 300 will fit onto the 350D. There are a few lenses that will fit the 350D but not your 300...these lenses are designated EF-S. The kit lens that usually comes with the 350D is one of these EF-S lenses.

errr confused...
so it will fit or wont fit? you say it will and then you say it wont? :S

The kit lens that comes with the 350d most likely won't fit...if it's an EF-S it won't, if it's an EF it will...

eromallagadnama said:
The kit lens that comes with the 350d most likely won't fit...if it's an EF-S it won't, if it's an EF it will...

Amanda means it wont fit your 300D, all the lenses you have will fit the 350D, but some of the lenses (that obviously you get for your 350D) may not fit your 300D

oh no i think you misunderstood me. I currently have a eos 300 and am moving up in the world by buying a 350D but was wondering if the lenses from my eos 300 will fit on the 350D

Artemis said:
Amanda means it wont fit your 300D, all the lenses you have will fit the 350D, but some of the lenses (that obviously you get for your 350D) may not fit your 300D

No I meant what I said, rallyxe posted they had the eos 300, not 300d

rallyxe said:
was wondering if the lenses from my eos 300 will fit on the 350D
Yes. Any lens you have for the EOS 300 will have the EF mount so they will fit.

Most reactions

Back