Canon lens

Chine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi all,
I'm opening this thread to have a suggestion about a lens change.
I have a Canon 1100d with just one lens that is tamron 17-50 mm f2.8 (no VC). It is a good lens, but too bulky and my camera always stay on the shelf. So, I'm looking for a change. I would sell my tamron and I would buy the canon 18-55 f3.5-5.6 (seconhand) and the canon 24 mm f2,8 (new). In this way I can use the 24mm (that is very smart) more often and the 18-55mm when I need more adaptability of the focal. What do you think about this change? Someone of you have the canon 24mm f2.8? What about it?

Last edited:
I enjoy using my 24mm lens as a main lens for my Canon. If you are looking to use your camera more and get more enjoyment from the experience, I'd say that's a great purchase.

The 18-55 mm second hand would be a good lens to have as a back up. Whether that is the best lens for you and your use is for you to decide.

IMO buying a 50 mm prime and carrying only the two fixed focal lengths make as much sense.

I enjoy using my 24mm lens as a main lens for my Canon. If you are looking to use your camera more and get more enjoyment from the experience, I'd say that's a great purchase.

The 18-55 mm second hand would be a good lens to have as a back up. Whether that is the best lens for you and your use is for you to decide.

IMO buying a 50 mm prime and carrying only the two fixed focal lengths make as much sense.

I have had the canon 50mm f1.8. Payed 100 euros, it is a good lens, whit a fantastic aperture,but it is an 80mm on a aps c and I preferred to use my 18-55mm. So I decided to sell both the 50mm and the 18-55mm to buy the 17-50mm tamron.

Thank you for the advice.

Most reactions

Back