Canon MF 50mm 1.4 & 1.8

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I've found a camera store locally here who has a back stock on these lenses, and is clearancing them. I can get a 1.4 for $20 or a 1.8 for $15 brand new.

Is this nice glass and stunning deal like they make it out to be, or just market price for a disco'd item?

Used Canon FD 50mm F1.8 lenses sell for around $30 CDN around here. I haven't seen any F1.4 lenses but that sounds like a good deal to me. You could probably sell them on e-bay for a nice profit.

US$20 sounds unbelievable for a 50mm f1.4 :shock:. If the deal is genuine, buy a whole bunch and sell them at ebay. You could fund your next toy! :)

You could ofcourse offer discounts for tpf members ;)!

It sounds a very good deal to me, but beware with ebay! The idea of re-selling them might not work at all. Right now, I have two Canon FD 50mm 1.8 listed on ebay: not a bloody bid, starting at 0.99 and only one day left!

So buy the 1.4 for you. $20 is a real bargain. But don't try to do bussiness, since you might be loosing money! hard to believe, but seems to be true.

Robert (mountainlander),

I would be interested in getting a f1.4 or two. Do you know if they would ship to NY or NJ?

Thanks,
Daniel

panocho said:
Right now, I have two Canon FD 50mm 1.8 listed on ebay: not a bloody bid, starting at 0.99 and only one day left!
Just wait till the last half hour! People usually attack during the final minutes. :)

danalec99 said:
Robert (mountainlander),

I would be interested in getting a f1.4 or two. Do you know if they would ship to NY or NJ?

Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel:

I could probably buy you a lense or two. I haven't been by yet to see how many they have. I heard about the deal b/c the store I usually use was giving me really crappy service lately, and the last time I was in the owner happened to be in. So I let him know all about it. He felt bad, and told me about his other store in downtown Dallas that has a back stock of MF Canon stuff. So while it may be a "hush money" price, I'll scope the store and see what else they have and get back to you all.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks!

BTW, what is MF?

danalec99 said:
BTW, what is MF?

I'm guessing that MF is Manual Focus. So that would make then FD lenses and not EF lenses. They would fit cameras like the AE-1 and not any of the EOS cameras.

Big Mike said:
I'm guessing that MF is Manual Focus. So that would make then FD lenses and not EF lenses. They would fit cameras like the AE-1 and not any of the EOS cameras.

Hmmm good point. I'm going to try and go up there this afternoon. I'll take my camera with me to make sure it fits.

What camera do you have? Because manual focus Canon lenses will not fit on an auto focus Canon EOS Camera. Although, there are lots of old Canon manual focus cameras still floating around.

There are some adapters out there but I've never heard anything good about the third party adapters and the very rare Canon adapters are very expensive. Most people say it's not worth the fuss.

Big Mike said:
There goes my deal!! :)

Most reactions

Back