Canon or Nikon?

I chose Nikon because I did my own exhaustive research and chose a system that I felt met my needs and wants better. However I did not limit my search to Canon ad Nikon, I included Sony and Pentax as well.

Stick a fork in this thread, its way overdone.

well, we are all making fun here, and I was just about to join in. However, we should keep in mind that beginners after talking to some friends and talking to salespeople in the shop, often are pretty helpless and left with exactly such a question.

Well, I had exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago! I chose Nikon d80. And I don't regret it at all! From the first moment I had it in my hands, I felt that this has to be the one!:love:

Both are good.
Close your eyes and put your finger on one!

i'm not biased or anything but i heard that nikons give off radiation which in turn poisons you to buy nikon and nikon products. canon on the other hand gives off happy and euphoric vibes making you aware to the evils of nikon. praise lord canon! the giver of photos of the earth! praise lord canon! maker of the 20d!

nikon lovers... kiss my ass!!

no honestly though... they suck.

lol, its all a matter of opinion, there are good points to both cameras, i must admit i envy the colour reproduction on nikons.

(is it me or do funjifilm use the same bodies as nikons?)

for me, the one thing that made me choose a nikon over the canon was the size of the hand grip. I cant fit all three fingers on the handgrip of the canon. So go into the store and try them out.

bottom line is that they are both great cameras.

here we go again one of these threads lol.... but yeh canon is the way to go for me persoanlly :D

I agree 100%

seriously OP: go to your local camera store and try them out. pick them up. see which one fits your hands the best. see if the controls are in a comfortable spot for you. both brands are very good. it has been said on here before.....you aren't buying a camera......you are buying a system.

HA HA HA!!! this subject is rediculous. im a canon guy but go with what you like, not what a bunch of people you dont know tell you.

it's not you: some fu(n)jifilm bodies are virtually identic to Nikon's. Differences are on some features.

as for the original question of the thread, I obviously second the advice of grabbing the different models (NOT only Canon's and Nikon's), considering the features, prices and you'll have an easier decision. And most of all, you'll have your decision

I replaced my stolen canon kit with Nikon....I wish I didn't.

I miss the speed of Canon's USM lenses.

Also I think Nikons menu system was written by the IRS. I think is very poorly set-up.

That being said I plan to keep my D80 for 2 more years before I go back to Cannon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back