Canon or Nikon?

I always get in arguements with my friend about "who's camera is better"

I don't know acctually what the really answer is.

Neither. Support competition in the marketplace!

But seriously, it seems like sometimes people forget there are other brands out there, whereas for many people, "neither" really may be the best answer.

I agree with that to a point. For beginers its probably better to go with a very popular camera becuase its easier to find info on how to use it and accessories are extremely easy to come by. But once you get the basics down you can experiment with rarer cameras

I've heard good things about both - I, personally, am a Canon girl. I guess I'm brand loyal.

Well, that sums it up! You'll be buying an individual model, and both Nikon and Canon make excellent cameras.

Don't forget two things. (1) when you buy into a brand you're buying into a system, and you'll be "trapped" in that system. If there's a really cute Nikon lens out there that you want (such as their new UWA zoom) then don't buy a Canon!

And (2) you're also buying into a manufacturer and their business philosophy. Doesn't matter until you need some after-sales service, and then it matters a lot. In this regard Canon are superb, and although i have no first-hand experience I believe Nikon are pretty good as well.

Although they don't make cameras I've been told that Sigma are also excellent post-sales.

I just don't know about Pentax and most of the others. But one company I wouldn't touch DESPITE most of their products being oh so cute is Sony. I've consistently had terrible experiences with them when any after-sales help has been needed.

I chose Nikon because it was cheaper, easier to find, has a great system, and feels better (better plastic than Canon.)

I chose Canon over Nikon because C is before N in the alphabet :p

I chose Leica and Epson because it said so in my sig file.

If I take the fact that I already shoot canon over nikon out of my head, I'd still take the Canon 40D over the Nikon D80 model, but the system itself is more important than the camera, get whatever feels better in your hand.

I chose Nikon because it was cheaper, easier to find, has a great system, and feels better (better plastic than Canon.)

I'm sooting with a metal camera and the ones he is choosing form are metal, too. They just feel better TO YOU, I think he should go see what he like more for himself.

Either. I love my Canon. My best friend loves his Nikon. We are always trying to say ours is better... whatever.

I've heard good things about both - I, personally, am a Canon girl. I guess I'm brand loyal.

Ugh! Now I have to change from Canon to Nikon. If girls use Canons then they must have girl cooties :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back