Canon or Nikon?

I guess the dead horse thing is MIA.....anyone?

Rekd, I think you are too biased. You are also manipulating the the advertising. Though I shoot Nikon, I do acknowledge that Canon is better for sports, but where are all the pics of people at those events with Nikons?? Trust me there ARE plenty of them. And ALL your pics were of Canons at sporting events. So is that the only thing Canons are good for? What if the OP doesn't have any interest in sports photography?

Back on topic: Nikon or Canon?? Well you answer me this: Mercedes or BMW? Lamborghini or Ferrari? They're both great. But if I had to choose, I would say Nikon because you already have a really nice, and expensive Nikon lens to go with it.

Canon.

footballPhotographers.jpg

8c18fc02-aaef-11de-8a4c-001cc4c002e0.preview-300.jpg

caption_005.jpg

djh-canon-3-300x249.jpg

sideline.jpg

David-Lintoff-hard-at-work-on-the-sideline-PB.jpg

270662786_e25527c7e9.jpg

3990771279_d5ae79a67b.jpg

Anything else for sports or wildlife photography is settling for WAY less. Professionals AND Amateurs alike recognize the superiority of Canon.

NOW you can bring out the dead horse. :mrgreen:

All in jest, of course.

I have no doubt Canon has the better set up for this kind of work. In other fields, however, Nikon may have the edge.

I have no doubt Canon has the better set up for this kind of work. In other fields, however, Nikon may have the edge.

Canon *used to have* the better setup for sports...until 2007, when their 1D Mark III had its 18-month-long autofocusing failure problem, and the Nikon D3 hit the streets...MANY of the top level sports and news shooters and larger, more well-financed operations, switched to Nikon cameras for sports and PJ uses.

Look at newer pictures, not 4- and 5-year-old shots before the Canon 1D Mk III disaster sent pros fleeing from Canon in search of a camera that could autofocus reliably enough to complete professional level jobs...

http://www.canonrumors.com/images/canikon.jpg

Does that look like Canon dominates? NO, not at the world level; Canon has lost its lead.

Canon *used to have* the better setup for sports...until 2007, when their 1D Mark III had its 18-month-long autofocusing failure problem, and the Nikon D3 hit the streets...MANY of the top level sports and news shooters and larger, more well-financed operations, switched to Nikon cameras for sports and PJ uses.

Look at newer pictures, not 4- and 5-year-old shots before the Canon 1D Mk III disaster sent pros fleeing from Canon in search of a camera that could autofocus reliably enough to complete professional level jobs...

Does that look like Canon dominates? NO, not at the world level; Canon has lost its lead.

I got to agree with Derrel here, that the full-frame Nikon bodies are pretty sexy.

Now to go strike it rich.....

Yeah, I don't think so.

"Dammit! Canon released a POS! Lets ditch all our Canon gear and go Nikon!" :lmao:

More like when Jeep came out with the Liberty. It didn't make Jeep fans go buy a Toyota FJ. They just didn't buy the Liberty. :mrgreen:

Don't listen to anyone but me.. The 7D is a fun camera-- I am still learning to use it..

Go with that one!!! =)~

To the OP, just see what you like the best. Feel each camera, review the specs and what applies to you. That's all that matters, literally, that's all.

The only person I know, personally, that shoots sports photography, does so for Topps trading cards and shoots with a D3. So much for anyone who's anyone using Canon for sports stuff.

Good luck,
~Tom

Don't listen to anyone but me.. The 7D is a fun camera-- I am still learning to use it..

Go with that one!!! =)~

These Nikon vs. Canon threads can shoot to like 4 pages and hundreds of views in just one day. I think thats telling us something.

I think this is an indication of how strongly people feel about "their system".

It is clear at this point that they are both good in their own ways. You can't really go wrong with either.

If you had to start out with a system today, I would say go Nikon for full frame, and go Canon for a crop body.

Really just go whichever you like. It is that damn close imo.

**Back off die-hard Nikon fans, I'm warning you** :mrgreen:

Almost forgot...

MANY of the top level sports and news shooters and larger, more well-financed operations, switched to Nikon cameras for sports and PJ uses

"Many" ??

Really?

I'd like to know which one(s) you're referring to. :lol:

Almost forgot...

MANY of the top level sports and news shooters and larger, more well-financed operations, switched to Nikon cameras for sports and PJ uses

"Many" ??

Really?

I think that this is actually true.

Someone posted a pic of the photographers at the Beijing Olympics, and it was a majority of "black lenses".

There does seem to be a change in the wind.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Canon glass.

I just think that its true that more pros are switching to Nikon.

<----------------Just being honest

Almost forgot...

"Many" ??

Really?

I think that this is actually true.

Someone posted a pic of the photographers at the Beijing Olympics, and it was a majority of "black lenses".

There does seem to be a change in the wind.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Canon glass.

I just think that its true that more pros are switching to Nikon.

<----------------Just being honest

Cool! Like, which ones are switching? (Just curious...)

I don't know lol.

I wish I had connections like that....

Canon has held the crown in sports photograpghy for a long time.

All I am saying is that Nikon is now challenging their status as the king of the hill.

Look up the Nikon reviews if you don't believe me. The D3x is such a good body, its unreal. Best full-frame body atm by miles.

The Nikon 200mm f/2 is also an extremely fine lens, and I would love to own one (thats for you Derrel) lol.

In my opinion competition is a good thing, it gives birth to innovation.

Just sit back and enjoy the show....

To put it more bluntly....I would sell my soul to the devil for a D3x....get the picture lol?

It costs about the same as my car did, thats the problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back