Canon Photo Software??

bazpaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Folks, just a quick one:

Is there a point in installing the software that comes with the Canon 500d...."Digital Photo Professional" i have read that it can do some stuff that photoshop can do. But is obviously not as good.

Would i be ok to start out with? whats is it good for!

Cheers!

It's good for getting images off of your camera and applying styles you may set to RAW images. It's also generally better at noise reduction than other tools like Lightroom.

I haven't used it for a while now, I simply do all of my work in Lightroom.

But as for doing very simple edits and getting stuff off of your camera, it's a fine tool.

Yeah I still use it a bit even though I have photoshop CS3 - I find it quicker to work with if I'm processing a number of RAW images but not doing anything too drastic with them.

Digital Photo Professional (DPP) is a fairly decent photo editor if you're just doing simple edits. It's designed to work with the RAW files from a Canon DSLR so you know it'll handle them well. But it's nowhere as versatile or powerful as Photoshop. But it's free and will get you started.

I used to use it all the time until it couldn't do what I needed it to do (straighten horizons) so I started using Photoshop Elements 6 about a year ago and I'm still using it today. I already have CS3 (but don't use it...I'm not shooting much right now) and want to get Lightroom 2 eventually.

Tim.. have you found any decent ways of noise removal with LR?? i have a filter, but, it doesnt really make a big difference

Most reactions

New Topics

Back