Canon Power shot A60 & black & white photo

kated3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 seperate questions:

1. My canon Power shot A60's lens does not retract. It remains in a perpetual half opened state. I found that I could take pictures clear enough in zoom, but all others came out hazy. I took the memory card out and put it back in, but found that once I put it back in I was getting a memory card problem. I then changed the memory card altogether and it read the same error. So, can I get this fixed? If so, where can I go?

I also have a canon elf. Can I make a black and white picture out of a color one using my digital camera? What site(s) do you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Can't really help you with your first question, other than suggest you take it in to your nearest camera shop / repair place, or the shop you bought it from, and get it looked at...

As for your second question, yes, it's quite easy to make black and white images from digital cameras. Most digital cameras allow you to shoot in b+w, but your best bet is to shoot in colour, then use a programme such as photoshop to convert your image. There are a number of different ways to do this, which I won't list here, as they're probably covered in the tips/techniques section of the board :D

Most reactions

Back