Canon Powershot S2 IS / LOADED! Steal of a Deal

RickyN29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay, I must say, I really really don't want to sell this camera, but unfortunately, I cannot at this time afford to own multiple cameras.

This is a package deal, you get everything you could possibly imagine for this camera. The price might seem steep, but if you added up all the accessories, you will find this is a steal of a deal.

Anyone who has bought a camera from me has been well taken care of.

What you get.

Canon's Brand New PowerShot S2 IS (Optical Image Stabilization)
* Featuring Canon's new Digic II processor.
* 5MP Resolution
* Full Motion Video, dual Microphone with wind shield 640x480 30fps
* 12x Optical zoom (yes, 12x)
* Everything from fully manual to fully auto along with special "My Colors" effects
* Swivel 1.8" LCD
* LCD Viewfinder as well
* Optical Image Stabilization, no more blurred photos, period.
* Averages about 500+ Shots on a single set of NiMh batteries.
That's all I'll say right now, anyone who knows cameras will know that the S2 is one of the most desirable in its class on the market right now.
Paid $579 the day it was released

Opteka .45x Wide Angle Lens (paid $50)
-Including Macro Lens
Opteka 2x Telephoto Lens (paid $50)
Professional grade Lens case
58mm Adapter Tube (paid $25)

Filters with case: (paid $35)
Polarizer Filter
UV Filter
FD (fluorescent) Filter

Adjustable Lens Hood (for sun flare prevention) (paid $25)

1GB PQI High Speed Secure Digital Memory card (paid $80)
USB Flash Drive (accepts SD/MMC card, use to transfer or as flash drive! (paid $25)

Sunpak Remote/mount Flash Trigger (paid $40)
Vivitar 2000 Slave Flash unit (auto/manual w/ swivel head) (just paid $40 last week dammit!)

Table top tripod (paid $5) not pictured

Pelican 1400 Water Proof Custom Hard Case (paid $120)

With the lens tube/etc removed, the camera is extremely small and portable. Or hook up all the attachments for some real fine tuned photography.

Think about the price, just this Saturday, I made $1300 doing the photography for a wedding with this little gem. You could seriously make your money back quick should you decide to use this professionally.

I could go on and on about how awesome this camera is, or spend pages giving technical aspects, I recommend you read an unbiased review at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons2is/

Original box, paperwork, and software included

I paid just over $1100 for this setup (with tax and everything) And that was a good deal, I shop around to get the best prices on everything.

Honestly, I really can't take less than $900 Shipped including Insurance (Signature Confirmed Delivery will also be required and included) It is already a loss for me, but I expect that whenever I sell something that is not brand new in the box sitting in a fancy retail establishment.

Why selling? As a photographer and camera enthusiast, I tend to buy equipment, use it for a few months, and try something new. This camera along with the previous Canon S1 IS I owned are by far my favorites.

This camera is classified as "Prosumer" designed for everyone from your casual point-n-shooter to your professional grade photographer. Optical Image Stabilization in this classification of camera is almost unheard of. Leave it to Canon to be on the top of technology.

IMG_2906Small.jpg

IMG_2904Small.jpg

IMG_2902Small.jpg

IMG_2901Medium.jpg

3q-001.jpg

allroundview-001.jpg

Couple notes: Camera is pictured with the Wide Angle Lens attached.

Clarification on the flash setup:

There is a wonderful built in flash, but for even more umpf, a handy little accessory is included. It mounts to the camera and accepts any hot-shoe flash. It fires simultaneously with the built in flash. What is excellent is that you can also position it remotely for side flash, back flash, whatever suits the kind of image you are trying to capture. No wires at all, the moment the primary flash fires, the secondary slave sees this and fires as well. Completely automatically. Here is an example I shot having the flash to the side. It creates shadows to show form and provides more depth to the image.

My sisters kitty taken with the very camera for sale:
IMG_1879Large.jpg

canon_s2_is_lcd_275.jpg

S2_3Q_Flash_Flip.jpg

Most reactions

Back