Canon Q: Should colour space be set to sRGB or Adobe RGB?

Adobe RGB should only be used if you can use it throughout the entire workflow, ie., capture, PPing and printing. If you have to use sRGB at any point in your workflow, then use that throughout the entire workflow. I don't know if you'll be PPing and printing in class, if you are, then leave it in AdobeRGB. If your going to PP and print on your own, switch back to sRGB. Adobe is a wider color space (it will render more colors, thus finer gradiations in hues and shades), and pros PP with Photo Shop, or one of it's derivatives, and print with high end photo printers that can utilize AdobeRGB to it's full potential. I use AdobeRGB, but if I send something out to print, I convert the file to sRGB.

My interest is flash, really. I've borrowed my buddy's 430 EX but frankly I don't know what I'm doing with it. I've read the manual but it really only focuses on the buttons and functions without any info on what it all means and when to use it, etc...

I posted this link in another thread, so excuse me if I am repeating myself. I think there are links here that will help you with the flash issues.

Google

Careful pbelarge - you are in danger of falling to the dark side!
Whilst google is a fantastic resource it is only one open to people on the net and it also is not without its limits. One has to have two abilities to use it and its results well;

1) The ability to ask the right question - setting out the right parameters to ensure that they get the more applicable results

2) The ability to filter the results to sort the truth from the halftruthes and lies and such.

Granted whilst such things are also skills one needs on a forum the human interaction aspect allows for active real time re-evaluation and adaptation to the question and trusted sources can often provide more informative links/resources than google might how or that the person might find with google.

Certainly over time one might see repetitive questions on a forum - especially one as TPF which has a fast turnover of new members who are also beginners - but still don't fall for the "just google it" reply (we wouldn't have a forum otherwise ;))

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. The one problem with google is the sheer volume of information. I was hoping to learn a lot in my class, but considering there are only three of us and I seem to be the most knowledgeable, it doesn't bode well. I wish the class size was around 8 to 12 people with at least half of them further along than me. I find that with a larger class size you get questions from others you wouldn't have thought of yourself. The forum can work the same way. Someone like me asks a question about flash and then more knowledgeable folks not only try to answer it but debate among themselves. Very helpful for learning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back