canon raw codec

Sinister_kid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright well i downloaded the canon raw (.CR2) codec for xp so i can view my shots without having to pull them up in photoshop. Yet it's still not working? Anything special i have to do..?

I'm not talking about the built in previewer. I'm talking abuot when your like roaming through "My Computer" yuo should be able to see a preview.. the macs at my school can do it.. and when i downloaded the nikon codec it worked. BUt the canon one isn't?

ah ha ok. then no, i dont know. sorry as i misunderstood what you were asking. i just deal with getting the generic file icon for them, but then again its rare that i shoot in raw right now.

I have issues with it as well (Vista 64 bits)
I have installed Adobe DNG (Digital negative) converter. As it lowers the raw file weight, it also creates a low-res version of the pic (jpg) to ease the browsing.
Even though DNG might have some compatibility issues in the future, I'm stickign to it for now.

I'd love to hear from experienced RAW users regarding their pipeline (from camera to web publishing, or sharing with friends, printing... :)

Last edited:
See the thing is.. on my school's computers (macs) i can view the pictures without opening them up in anything. Just by clicking on them i can get a preview. But on my computer i can not.

I have the same issue and have not been able to fix it yet. I downloaded the codec for all of my computers. You want to be able to view the thumbnail icons prior to opening the file right? The codec worked great on the 2 computers running Vista but will not work on the laptop running XP. I downloaded and installed multiple times to no avail.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back