Canon rebel 450D (xsi)

kevincelustka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, here's the deal.

I come from a point and shoot background, but am tired of the limitations i get with them and am set on the canon rebel xsi.

Im looking at a kit on Adorama:
ICADRXSIBKC5 Canon Digital Rebel XSi SLR Camera/ Lens Kit Black with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens, 8 GB SD Memory Card, Pro Verical Grip / Battery Holder, Spare LP-E5 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Slinger Camera Bag , USB 2.0 SD Card Reader, Pr

Is this the best kit to go for budget (and quality) wise? i want a good kit that wont require me to buy too many extra's immediately.

If you don't believe this to be a good kit to start with, maybe a recommendation of what I wont need or what it doesn't have?

Thanks,
kevin

Here's another kit that offers high image quality in a small,light camera body, but that doesn't make you pay $150-$199 for a vertical grip.

25462 Nikon D3000 10.2 MP Single-Lens Reflex DSLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S DX VR Lens - USA Warranty

This kit costs $546.95; with that price, you could also add an extra lens, or a good flash unit. The D3000 has a more-sophisticated autofocusing and system than other entry-level Nikons, and it renders the D40 and D60 Nikon models obsolete. Nikon's D3000 has a color-aware light metering system, which is something Canon has only in its brand new 7D body,and that helps the metering system perform better when the camera is used as a point and shoot when using Matrix light metering.

With d-slr's "newer is better".

The first one covers almost all the accessories you'd need. You pretty much got everything covered except for a filter or two (generally inexpensive) and a tripod. Unless you have the things included in the 1st one, I'd go with that one.

I just purchased the same camera yesterday. :)

Love my XSi... but next my camera will be a 7D this spring.
The 18-55 EF-S is a serious hunk of junk. You are best of getting the XSi body and a real lens.

With d-slr's "newer is better".
Now derrel... That is the worst quote I have ever seen from you!!

If that is true, That would mean that a Canon 500D is better than Canon 1Ds II

Also canon 7D sucks imo... I dont get why they releaseed a Pro - Crop frame camera... the point of PRO Camera's are their Full frame sensors!
And obvs their Print resolution and menu functions but the main one for me is the FF Sensor

I would recommend the Canon 20D Body instead of a 450D tbh...
I use the 450D, The images (although ok) are not satisfactory, too much noise!

Lowepro Stealth reporter AW 200 shoulder bag []
Lowepro Slingshot AW 350 []
BlackRapid RS-4 []

Compactflash cards (for 20D) x 4 (save link if you decide on this option for future use) []

SD Cards (for 450D) x 4 (save link if you decide on this option for future use)[]

50mm f1.8 []

Canon 20D body - currently $255, colud go for about $350 []
Only has 1day 9 hours from now so get it quick if you want the 20D
It also includes a tripod and bag (in which case you can sell that bag or just leave the lowepro slingshot)

Total roughly $822
But that is a better kit!
You could always take the Lowepro slingshot aw 350 out though (since the shoulder bag would hold that kit fine but it is best to have 2 bags!)
Price includes the cost of the 20D on auction!

[My advice? - Dont go above 4GB - More cards of a lowersize = better as there is less chance of loosing all your images e.g. My 16gb & 8gb broke so I bought 4 4gb now so if one breaks, I have 3 more!]

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back