Canon Rebel XS

ACTURY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How many shots should I be able to take with the battery included with the body?

Just got my camera Friday 11/28, and on the first charge I only got about 100 pictures....huh..

So I am thinking about buying extra batteries, and ebay has these non-canon extended batteries. Are they ok, or should I only buy the canon ones?

Regards

How long did you charge the battery before you used it?

I would think that it should last for at least 500 shots, even if you used the flash with all of them.

Give your battery a good charge and try it again. There is always the chance that you got a bum battery.

I have used off-brand batteries for a while, and mine have been great. I get them from www.sterlingtek.com

I charged it for about 90 minutes until the light turned green. One more question?

My dad gave me 2 58mm filters, skylight filter and a tiffen ND 0.6 filter (color is grey, just like sunglasses). What will these filter do, if I use them?

Thanks for your help!

I get about 450-500 shots on one full charge. --Danny

I charged it for about 90 minutes until the light turned green.
I'd give it several hours, even if the light shows that it's charged. Just check to make sure it doesn't get really hot.

My dad gave me 2 58mm filters, skylight filter and a tiffen ND 0.6 filter (color is grey, just like sunglasses). What will these filter do, if I use them?
A skylight filter is probably a 'UV' filter. They are supposed to filter out some of the UV light and lessen the atmospheric haze. For the most part though, people use them as physical protection for their lenses...because they don't really affect the image. Well, they shouldn't but any filter will make a little difference, and it's likely to be a negative effect unless the filters is very good.
The filter might have a slight warming effect as well, which some people like. Although, it's not needed when shooting digital because you can change the White Balance for the same effect.

The ND filters is 'Neutral Density'...and yes, it's basically like sun glasses. It's uses to cut some of the light. In most situations, you won't need to use this because the shutter speed and aperture are used to control the exposure...but you can use an ND filter when you want to use a longer shutter speed (but keep the same exposure). I use an ND filter for shooting water falls for example.

A skylight filter is a slightly warm UV.

I'll second Sterlingtek batteries. I've purchased a bunch, and they've outlasted my much more expensive Canon batteries.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back