Canon Rebel XSi or Nikon D3000?

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are in my price range I'm looking at for my first non crap camera lol so I'm curious to see what others have to say about these? If you had to choose one or the other, which would it be and why? .. and if you have any other suggestions in that price range please share :)

If anyone has these and would like to show some photos taken with the cameras that would be wonderful as well!

Thanks in advance :)

ps. Whats with the rebel xs? Is the xsi worth the extra $$ for a beginner like me?

D3000, because I already have Nikon stuff that works with it :lol:

I dunno, I keep saying the same thing to these threads - just pick them up and get whichever feels better. Any differences in quality will be subtle, but if the camera feels right you'll enjoy using it more and your skills will improve faster, thus creating better photos.

Welcome.

D3000, because I already have Nikon stuff that works with it :lol:

I dunno, I keep saying the same thing to these threads - just pick them up and get whichever feels better. Any differences in quality will be subtle, but if the camera feels right you'll enjoy using it more and your skills will improve faster, thus creating better photos.

Welcome.

Thanks for such a speedy response, now I'm compelled to pick your brain about the difference in MP 10.2 vs the 12.2.. does it really matter? I feel hung up on it and feel like 12.2 sounds better especially for nearly the same $$.

No, it really doesn't matter... 6mp can produce very nice prints, the difference between 10 and 12 is hardly enough to pick one over the other.

You may want to check into a refurbished D5000 as well.

No, it really doesn't matter... 6mp can produce very nice prints, the difference between 10 and 12 is hardly enough to pick one over the other.

You may want to check into a refurbished D5000 as well.

Refurbished items always scare me ;\

Understandable... however each and every refurb is gone through and inspected, unlike the ones that go through the assembly line where they randomly pick one here and there to make sure things are on par.

Just a thought.

Understandable... however each and every refurb is gone through and inspected, unlike the ones that go through the assembly line where they randomly pick one here and there to make sure things are on par.

Just a thought.

Good point, but I don't think I can overlook that being an xbox'er. My xbox I sent in was "inspected" too and I've seen how well that turned out! :lol:

>SNIP I'm looking at for my first non crap camera>SNIP

A Nikon would do nicely.:lol:

Have you gone to the big review sites and checked out the models that interest you the most? That would be a good idea. Also, a hands-on demonstration of each camera of interest to you would tell you much about how the camera fit and feel--to YOU.

Buying a camera is a lot like buying clothes; would you take my advice if I told you what the best-fitting blouse was, for you? Could we help you pick out a great-fitting pair of boots??? Probably not...

Last edited:
>SNIP I'm looking at for my first non crap camera>SNIP

A Nikon would do nicely.:lol:

Have you go to the big review sites and checked out the models that interest you the most? That would be a good idea. Also, a hands-on demonstration of each camera of interest to you would tell you much about how the camera fit and feel--to YOU.

Buying a camera is a lot like buying clothes; would you take my advice if I told you what the best-fitting blouse was, for you? COuld we help you pick out a great-fitting pair of boots??? Probably not...

I have been reading reviews all day it seems and they seem VERY CLOSE.. so close that I wouldn't know the difference. I suppose I'll have to get off my butt and get into a store to play with them.. If I'm reading measurements correctly I'm slightly leaning towards the Nikon because its not quite as big? I don't have big hands and I definitely don't want to be dropping the baby! :lol:

Most reactions

Back