Canon Rebel Xt or Xti

Matt 181

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know I want the Canon Rebel. I am just stuck b/w two, the XT and the XTi. The XTi is two hundred more dollars than the XT. Is there a big difference b/w the two besides the megapixels difference, the lcd, and the dust cleaning system? I am not really on a budget, but if i can get the XT and its basically the same as the XTi i will.

I was in your position and decided to get the xt and spend the extra on some glass. The camera is something that will come and go but you keep lenses forever.

Try a search on the forums tho, there are many threads about this.

After having shot both now (I am a Nikon DSLR person and a Canon P&S and video person) I would choose the XT and save the $200 for glass, as the other poster mentioned. The dust cleaning system doesn't work very well (I end up using a dust blower anyway) and 2mp is basically meaningless. The bigger LCD is nice enough, but it is not like the resolution is good anyway.

This is a change in stance for me, before using them personally (just going by the numbers) I would have said the XTi hands down. I have found absolutely no difference in picture quality between the two in my real-world use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back