canon scams? I REALLY want the Canon 60D!

These guys sound like "Digital Depot Online". On other forums there are threads dedicated to their scams.

When I'm spending that kind of money, there's a point where I'm not willing to risk a scam in order to save a little. A 60D is $899 for the "body only" version... pretty much at every legitimate (Canon authorized) dealer.

You can buy a "refurbished" body either direct from Canon's online website ( Canon Direct Store - Refurbished EOS Digital SLR Cameras ) and I think both B&H Photo and Adorama also have a "refurbished" option. Refurbished cameras have warranties but usually not for the same amount of time as a new camera. Also keep in mind that you can get the "USA" vs. "imported" version. There is no difference in the camera (they're all made overseas). The difference is the warranty. Cameras marked for "USA" have gone through proper import channels and Canon backs them with the factory warranty. Cameras NOT marked "USA" (usually it'll say "imported") mean that it was imported through gray market to save a little, but Canon won't provide the warranty -- sometimes the store will offer the warranty but that means you can ONLY get it serviced at the store where you bought it.

+1 This is how I got my Canon 60D. Sometimes they run specials, so be on the look out for them.

I'd go with the 60d over the 7d any day any way.

Wouldn't know why, but to each his own.

I have honestly read great thing about both of these cameras. I have seen photos taken with the 60D and like :) I heard Canon is coming out the a touch screen LCD for the t34i soon.

I'd go with the 60d over the 7d any day any way.

I have honestly read great thing about both of these cameras. I have seen photos taken with the 60D and like :) I heard Canon is coming out the a touch screen LCD for the t34i soon.

You are very right. They are pretty equal. Snapsort says;
“Too close to call! Snapsort considers these cameras too competitive to make a clear recommendation”
However, the 60D really doesn’t have any advantages over the 7D that matter to the average person (unless you just have to have that flip-out screen), but a few advantages that the 7D has over the 60D is, in my opinion, pretty significant;
*The 7D is Weather Sealed, and to me, that is a BIG advantage if you are out in the winter or rainy weather at all.
*The 7D has significantly less shutter lag, about 50%
*The 7D shoots faster, 50% faster continuous shooting

But, that's just my take on it. I think you would be happy with either. But, "touch screen"? I have a tough enough time with my cell phones touch screen. :er:

Don't forget that the 7D also has a bigger build and a rear dial for aperture control. In addition its AF system is far more advanced than the 60D and can be customised to suit specific situations as well. The 7D is superior overall, barring the flippy tilty screen and some video mode features that the 60D got (and which honestly should have been firmwire updated in the 7D but never were).

Also I'd hate touchscreens on a DSLR - my nose would forever be changing things!

You are very right. They are pretty equal. Snapsort says;
“Too close to call! Snapsort considers these cameras too competitive to make a clear recommendation”
However, the 60D really doesn’t have any advantages over the 7D that matter to the average person (unless you just have to have that flip-out screen), but a few advantages that the 7D has over the 60D is, in my opinion, pretty significant;
*The 7D is Weather Sealed, and to me, that is a BIG advantage if you are out in the winter or rainy weather at all.
*The 7D has significantly less shutter lag, about 50%
*The 7D shoots faster, 50% faster continuous shooting

But, that's just my take on it. I think you would be happy with either. But, "touch screen"? I have a tough enough time with my cell phones touch screen. :er:

And don't forget that big, gorgeous viewfinder of the 7D compared to the 60D.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back