canon slr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am starting to get into film and I am looking for a film slr. I shoot with a digital rebel so I wanted to get a canon body so i can use the lenses. so I have done a lot of searching and I think that I have found a few. The best seems to be the 1v but I think that it maybe just over kill for me? I also am looking at the eos 3. I was wondering if i sould just go ahead and spend the money on the 1v or if the 3 is pretty much just as good? Oh and if maybe i over looked any other canon bodies.

i just found a used 1n body with a booster for $275 at a local camera store. It looks like a good deal is it an okay camera? is the 3 a better body?

Are you aware that EF-S lenses will not work on Canon EOS film cameras? That means you will not be able to use your 18-55mm zoom. That aside, the image quality with film cameras depend mainly on the lens (the body itself is just a light tight box). Therefore you should look at the features you want from the camera bodies (exposure modes, frame rate, AF modes...) when comparing them to decide which one is better for you.

You cannot mount EF-S lenses on EF bodies. They are designed specifically to fit on EF-S cropped sensor digital bodies and will hit and damage the mirror if used on an EF body.

http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html

Unless your 50mm f/1.8 is an EF mount, you might as well take brand out of your consideration when looking for a film camera and get whatever works best for you.

Last edited:
yes i know that my 18-55 wont work I have other lenses that are not efs. Has anyone used any of the cameras and liked one over the other? i dont really need 10 fps and stuff like that but is the 1v better build quality than the 1n or the 3?

yes i know that my 18-55 wont work I have other lenses that are not efs. Has anyone used any of the cameras and liked one over the other? i dont really need 10 fps and stuff like that but is the 1v better build quality than the 1n or the 3?

The 1v is an updated version of the 1n. They were both professional cameras and are better than the EOS 3 in terms of build quality.

well the 1n that i was going to buy was sold before i got to it =(

im looking to spend around 300ish dollars. ive looked at stuff on ebay like the 1v and the 1n but I also saw the elan 7ne. Dose anyone have or uses a elane 7ne?

i have a digital rebel right now and the only thing that bothers me (but only a little) is the plastic feel. I like the 1v and the 1n because they are metal bodies. I was just wondering if the elan has that plastic feel. I just dont want to get the elan and shoot with it for a few years and then want to upgrade to the 1v or n. Any thoughts?

also I understand that its not the camera its the lenses and the photographer that make the photo. I'm just looking for a solid camera so any other suggestions besids the ones i listed would be great too.

Look into an A2. It's not as well made as the IV, but it's a nice camera, and a whole lot cheaper.

Most reactions

Back