Canon SX50 HS microSD card

Syndrome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I just ordered a Canon SX50 HS camera, once I got looking around at SD cards I wasn't sure which one I needed. I know I can get something newer like a Sandisk Extreme Pro that claims 95MB/s readn and 95MB/s write. But do I really need something that fast? Can the SX50 even take advantage of that much speed or would I just be wasting my money? Would I be better off with a slower card such as the Samsung Evo for half the price?

Card writing speed is relative to buffering. If you shoot in continuous mode, then a faster card might be of value. If you are interested in shooting one shot rapidly after another, a faster card might be of benefit. Otherwise, if you shoot one image, review and then shoot another image, there's not much need for paying the price for a faster buffering time.

Canon lists the cards which operate well with the SX50 in their on line owner's manual.

Good choice, IMO. You should enjoy the SX50.

Hello Syndrome, are you from NBR?

If you are going to use continuous shooting a write speed of at least 45mb/s is advisable, if you don't a standard class 10 from Sandisk or Samsung will be fine.

John.

Most reactions

Back