Canon T1i Shoots Low Quality Landscapes

OK, folks, let's be a little less critical and a little more helpful.

ANuB1S, I recommend reading some basic information on exposure. Unlike your typical point & shoot camera, getting good stuff out of a dSLR often requires a bit more practice. If you can get hold of it, I recommend reading Bryan Peterson's book: "Understanding Exposure". It goes through the exposure trinity of Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO in a thorough fashion.

Only after you are comfortable operating your camera should you even consider using post-processing software (such as photoshop).

Above all, have fun. We were all noobs once.

Hello Guys...

I need some consultation...

I'm confused by my new Dig-Camera Canon T1i...

It shoots terrible landscapes...

I've tried many MODEs, BUT nothing helped...
f.e. special Landscape Mode, Auto Mode...
Also I configured Manually: Cloudy/Landscape etc. ( I don't remember everything but I've tried many different modes )
also Changed ISO 100 - 3200 but...

Please Help Me...

Quality SUUUUUX : ( ( ( ( (

See it yourself : (

If I buy a Formula 1 car, does that make me a race car driver?

If I buy a really expensive hammer does that mean i can build a house?

If I buy a really expensive camera does that make me into a great landscape photographer?

At this point, the camera doesn't matter. Good landscape photography is about waiting for the right light.

I'm sorry 4 my noobness : P

P.S. Sorry 4 My Bad English. (tmi)

Dont be sorry for your noobness (just start spelling normally... for, not 4 :) ) We were all new at some time, as long as you take what is given and keep improving, its all good.

As for the english, you type better than some people whose first language is english. :)

Meh, here's an attempt at fixing it. Not sure what happened with the clouds in the top left... I did the edit in LR3

anubis.jpg

You have it set to f/22, ISO1600, and 1/160 shutter speed...that's why.

Set it to f/11, ISO200 or ISO400, and up the shutter speed pretty high (probably almost maxxed out). You're letting in way too much light so you need to cut it back.

Also, maxing out your aperture (the f/22) will actually take away some of the sharpness of the lens usually. Few lenses retain their full sharpness stopped down to such a small aperture. f/8 and f/11 seem to be the sweet spots of most lenses.
:thumbup::thumbup:

I tried but the sky is way too blown out, rest looks pretty nice.
q4cavwaz9hh2b.jpg

I tried but the sky is way too blown out, rest looks pretty nice.

If this had been made on film (cough, cough) it might have been salvageable...

:mrgreen:

t1i is horrible as far as anything automatic. the auto points of focus are very inaccurate, exp measurements are off a lot of times, it's basically useless. But, thank god it has a manual mode for everything =D

I love your post title: Canon T1i Shoots Low Quality Landscapes...a simply priceless title!

Light metering and exposure is everything on landscapes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back