Canon T3I Wireless Remote Control

USCRugbyNo1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good Canon T3I Wireless Remote Control? Everything I find web says it supports T1i and T2i but not T3i. Please help with some links!

It will, BUT only if you use it in front of the camera or somehow bounce the signal. There are aftermarket remotes that plug in to the shutter release input jack. I can't think of any brands ATM though...

Yeah, the wireless one that was linked to earlier should be fine for the OP.

I prefer wired remotes too though, for the same reason you mentioned - I am almost never in front of the camera when I'm using a remote/cable release.

I am correct with that assumption? The wireless is better than IR?

Well, they're both 'wireless'. One is IR, the other is RF - either way, there are no wires (except for the wire going from the RF receiver to the camera body).

RF is going to have much more range, and will also work through walls. IR, you basically have to point it right at the sensor on the front of the camera (or bounce the IR light off a wall or something).

Really, the only down side I can see to the RF remotes it that you have to have the receiver hanging off your camera. That's not really a big deal, but it *could* be an issue in some situations, maybe... A little bit of velcro would probably solve any problems you might have with that...

The RF remote is probably the most bang for your buck, because you can use it from pretty much anywhere. It has the advantages of a wired switch, without the disadvantages.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back