No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
t4ifront.jpg

• 18 MP APS-C
  • DIGIC 5+
  • SDHC slot, USH-1 complaint
  • Current xxD’s AF system (9 cross-type points, found in 40D, 50D, 60D)
  • T3i metering system (63 zones like 7D and 5DIII)
  • 5 fps
  • Pentaprism Viewfinder
  • ISO 100-12,800 expandable to 25,600
  • Articulated touchscreen LCD
  • Hybrid AF during video shooting

And some more pics for you:

t4iback.jpg
    t4itop.jpg
    t4iside.jpg

t4iside22.jpg
    t4ibottom2.jpg
  • Canon Rebel T4i Body Only $849 B&H | Adorama | Amazon
  • Canon Rebel T4i w/18-55 IS $949 B&H | Adorama | Amazon
  • Canon Rebel T4i w/18-135 IS STM $1199 B&H | Adorama | Amazon

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Touchscreen Information

• With a simple touch menu selection and auto-focus area selection, zoom in and out of the picture can be more convenient and can be used.
  • By adopting Clearview LCD on the LCD even in bright outdoor viewing pictures is easy.
  • Swivel LCD for self portraits, as well as using high-angle, low angle can be used to express a more diverse picture can be
  • Touch-button operation and the operation can be used simultaneously, depending on the preference of the user can use conveniently.

t4itouchscreen1-575x391.jpg

With this camera as many of you probably already know, Canon is releasing a new lens: Canon EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

canon-t4i-18-135-stm.jpg

Here is more info on this new lens:

• Reduced to a minimum focusing distance 0.39m is easy to shoot their proximity to the subject.
  • IS features enhanced photography degree at the hands of about four stops to give effective stabilizer for video recording and dynamic IS is equipped with a variety of new features in the environment can take sharp pictures can not be shaken.
  • Employing circular aperture EMD (Electronic drive aperture) mounted close to the original than by the light of the background
  • STM (Stepping Motor) AF operation of the motor is equipped with dramatically reduced noise and smooth movement of the AF drive control is possible.
  • CMOS AF camera equipped with a hybrid approach when using *, quiet and tender while shooting video movies implement Servo AF. (* June 2012 currently compatible devices EOS 650D)..

Canon EF-S 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM $549 B&H | Adorama | Amazon

Last edited:
/discuss

I think this is pretty good compared to Nikon 3200. Yes, Nikon's resolution opens a new can of whoop-ass on Canon, but I see a lot of nice features of this camera that make it very interesting. If you can get usable images at 6400 ISO, with this 5fps shooting and touch screen LCD, and pentaprism viewfinder, I see this is the most significant upgrade to a rebel line in a long time.

Aside from the sensor, the T4i trumps the D3200 (at least on paper). Since the T3i is not pitted against the D3100 but the D5100, perhaps if a D5200 comes out then we'd have a better comparison against the T4i. Nikon should come out with a better model out soon! :)

PS If indeed true, the pentaprism (also include the touchscreen) are welcome additions to its class. Hopefully it won't be priced as much too! ;)

Is that a stereo mic on top?

EDIT: What are the new modes?

-ken Turner

9 cross type AF points is a big jump (I forget if the 600D has them too I've not looked at rebel features in a long while). But 9 cross type points is a great thing in an entry level body.

I am - however - very sad to see touchscreen tech in cameras. It's something I feel is just - well - I'm totally open to new ways and controls but I just feel I don't want my nose controlling the camera the whole time.

Oh and hybrid AF is something that gives it a cut above my 7D! (oh canon why won't thee use Firmwire updates to improve existing products!)

Lots of rumors on when it is coming...someone here said the other day they think it will be announced tomorrow, June 8th. I'm going to hang out for the announcement for maybe one more week and if it isn't out by then, then I'm getting a T3i. I'm most curious about the Digic 5 processing, will it enhance low light performance significantly? The touch screen sounds cool. I like the idea of the 18-135 lens, but wonder how good it'll really be. And of course, what's the street price going to be on this?

I am not going to guess on a time frame, but I think it is inevitable that DSLRs will no longer have a mirror, and will have touch screen controls.
I dont think they will only have touch screen controls, but I am sure the OLED screens will have touch enabled.

And eventually EVIL's and DSLR's will merge into one.

I think the most important thing they need now is smooth AF for video mode. Automatic smooth focus and focal length changes. Of course, for that you'll need another motor in the lens to power focal length changes.

I think the DSLR mirror will remain for a while yet. Not only has the name years of strong marketing backing behind it, but also video viewfinders are still not quite ready for replacing the mirror system - plus one has concerns over battery life as well. I do think it is the future, but not quite yet.

Overread said:
I think the DSLR mirror will remain for a while yet. Not only has the name years of strong marketing backing behind it, but also video viewfinders are still not quite ready for replacing the mirror system - plus one has concerns over battery life as well. I do think it is the future, but not quite yet.

It wont be in my future, no way i want avidio veiwfinder

Most reactions

Back