Canon T4i vs Nikon D5100 vs Sony A57!! Which Camera is the best bang for the buck??

You may want to correct the following:

no brainier (should be No Brainer)

out way (I think you meant Out Weigh based on the context of the sentence)

tuff (used quite a bit.. should be Tough, if you want your article to look professional)

Just trying to be helpful! :)

I'm 16 and can notice a bunch of grammar and other mistakes. You're writing an article, how do you use the wrong "you're"?

-Ken Turner

Some years back, folks were asked to submit their articles to the TPF Editor for a quick proofread prior to posting. (That would be me.) :) Members seemed to prefer to bypass that and just post at will, which is certainly okay. However, sometimes it backfires, since not everyone keeps up with their punctuation and grammar lessons and you end up with readers that are too put off by seeing these mistakes to ever engage in the article's content.

The best camera body for the price? Well the Sony

But you don't buy a camera for just the body, you need to look at the whole system. Available lenses, accessories both from the manufacture and third parties. If you look at that they are in dead last.

I personally prefer a body with low light capability... and the Sony does not have that! If you are going to write articles, you really should try not to let your bias show. Just go with the facts... (my opinion anyway)!

Thanks for the comments and proof reading suggestions ;) I aplogize about that, but it is what it is. I do everything my self including the website itself, and just can't afford to pay anybody to proof read my articles. Spell check and grammer check obviously miss stuff, and clearly "writing" is not my strongest skill set!!

Best,
Jay

Thanks for the comments and proof reading suggestions ;) I aplogize about that, but it is what it is. I do everything my self including the website itself, and just can't afford to pay anybody to proof read my articles. Spell check and grammer check obviously miss stuff, and clearly "writing" is not my strongest skill set!!

Best,
Jay
We can all appreciate that, but by saying "it is what it is" you are only doing yourself a disservice. The fact that you took the time and effort to come up with an article means you believe you have knowledge or at least a helpful opinion to share. If you want to be taken seriously, you simply MUST take care of the basics, or you will be written off as a professional as easily as you were here as a writer. Just a thought. :)

i have the nikon d5000, yes i know it is the predecessor of the d5100 but they are still similar. However i have used the d5100 and I think the Nikon is better simply than the others (as most bag for buck) because of it's clear screen and the new sensor is great! 080p recording is great too, even if you decide not to do any recording now, you will still have the option available.

D5100 lacks focus motor within the body so AF only works with lenses that have built in focus motor. This drastically reduces the number of lens options and to me this alone will turn me off from purchasing this otherwise fantastic camera.

Who would have ever thought that a site like SonyAlphaLab.com would choose a Sony camera in a an article comparing 3 different camera bodies from different manufacturers.

What a twist!

One thing many people new to photography (who are looking to buy a camera) don't realize, is that any system you buy into... you are basically going to have to stay with that system. After investing money in a body, and lenses (that only fit that body)... as well as any other system specific accessories they may purchase, it is very hard to justify changing to another system (as well as very expensive).

Just assuming that as they progress.. they want better bodies and lenses, and may even eventually decide to go PRO... they should pick a system that is capable of supporting that future! Canon and Nikon both have extensive Prosumer and Professional lineups for Bodies, lenses and other need accessories. They are also compatible with almost all third party accessories and lenses.

Sony has neither a PRO line, nor does Sony have the width of compatibility with many third party accessories that Nikon and Canon enjoy. Buying a Sony (and locking yourself into that system) can cause issues in the future, should one decide to go beyond being a casual hobbyist photographer. This is one of the biggest reasons that I feel Sony is not a good choice for a serious beginner..... we should always plan for the future, after all!

I just bought my Mom & Dad a Nikon D5100 (body only and I'm giving them my Nikon 35mm 1.8G to start off with) for $446 from Walmart.com as I had a $150 gift card -- It's the best of the 3 because I can help them understand it and they can borrow lenses from me.... And it is the cheapest, thus best bang for the buck lol

Most reactions

Back