Canon t5i question

Goldnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to buy a new or used t5i. Are all the bodies the same or are some USM and others STM? If they are different how can this be determined? Do all t5i' bodies have image stabilization? I have been talking to a fellow on another site that I get on and he has talked me into the t5i w/ IS. I have many questions regarding this camera so please be patient with me. I also want to get a 70-300mm lens like this one- Used Canon EF 70-300mm f 4-5.6 IS USM Lens 0345B002 B H Photo

I would also like to hear of trustworthy sites to make said purchases. Thank you in advance for your help. Ken

Sorry, the link I posted, the lens has been sold.

In the Canon world, the stabilization is in the lens, not the body. Same for the AF. So a T5i will have stabilization only if the lens has that feature.

There is only one T5i body... though you can buy it in a "body only" version which doesn't include any lens. You can also get it in a "kit" version which will include a lens. The T5i's "kit" includes the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens.

As Paul points out above, the image stabilizer is always in the lens with Canon -- never the body. You'll know the lens has an image stabilizer because you'll see the tag "IS" somewhere in the lens name.

Also, the camera doesn't care what type of focus motor is in the lens... all "EOS" auto-focus lenses will work with the T5i. It can use any Canon "EF" or "EF-S" lens in the lineup. It can also use the specialty lenses such as the TS-E and MP-E lenses although those aren't auto-focusing lenses.

USM, STM, IS, ISii are all designations used by Canon for their lenses. The t5i will accept all EF and EF-S lenses. I purchased a new T5i with the 18-55stm and 55-250stm for under $800 in November. I am very happy with my camera and lenses. It allows me to produce very nice photographs while I learn the craft.

Some lenses that I have seen seem a lot cheaper than that of others. Are some of these lenses imported or are all of them made by Canon?

A lot of the price of the lens depends on how wide you can open the aperture. A f1.8 50mm lens will be much more expensive than a f4 50mm lens.

I'm talking about the 70 -300 F/4-5.6 IS USM. I have seen them from 250 used to 400-600 new

Most reactions

New Topics

Back