canon tl2 help

ryanjennings

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a canon t2i

Okay, I just bought this camera today. I'm extremely new to this, so forgive me for my newbie way of explaining this..

I've been watching youtube videos and i've noticed how people can switch from a very clear close range to blurry background and going back and forward. I know how to change the aperture in the "Av" menu but how do i change it while i'm in the middle of recording? If anyone knows this, help would be appreciated. thanks

It sounds like they are just changing the focal point.

They focus on something close and then manually re-focus on something in the background.

Manual focus is used WAY more when shooting video, than it is when shooting stills.

I'm pretty sure the aperture isn't adjustable when you're recording.
You need to put the camera in manual focus.
Focus on something close the background is blurry, focus on the background and the foreground gets blurry.

basically i'm just trying to figure out how to do this
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGJ708oDorc[/ame]

Focus on something close the background is blurry, focus on the background and the foreground gets blurry.
Yep, that's what I said, except not mentioning the aperture isn't adjustable when recording video.

thanks guys, i've been looking at this camera for about 6 hours and I think I just now started figuring a little bit of it out.

+1, and yes, the aperture can be adjusted while recording... but it's not pretty.

Turn on the manual exposure movie mode in the T2i menu!

Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac is a Mac video converting tool which can help you to convert all videos with perfect output quality and high conversion speed on Mac OS X. This Video Converter for Mac supports converting all popular video formats including TiVo, MTS, M2TS, VRO, EVO, MXF, AVI, MP4, WMV, MPEG, FLV, Realplayer, Quicktime, MKV, MOD, ASF, MPEG1, MPEG2, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, M2TS, MPEG TS/TP (for HD Video), etc to play on all popular players like iPad, iPod iPhone, iPhone 3GS, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Creative Zen, iRiver PMP, Archos, Android phones, WDTV, various video mobile phones and many other digital video and audio players. It can also help you to trim video, crop video, join video, edit video easily on all Mac OS X. Now please follow this guide to use it.

Manual focus manual aperture and like f/3.5 and a REALLY stable tripod. I have use auto focus for this in the past but it only works when the camera is in motion, say from a distant subject in the background to a really close subject in the foreground while panning down. othe than that when shooting vid it 99% manual everything.

Most reactions

Back