Canon turn around

Wingutcg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone know what the average turn around time canon takes on warrenty work for a camera body?

I've heard everything from a couple days to a couple months.

Join CPS (Canon Professional Services), it used to be free. As a CPS member you get priority service and it can take as little as a few days to get your camera back.

Without it? I don't know. I've been a CPS member since going to Canon.

here are the details for CPS membership
Canon USA Consumer Products

essentially you have to be a working professional (at leastin part time) and own a certain amount and level of gear to qualify

I think their primary concern is the camera's and lenses. It says you have to be a full time pro photog, but I think as long as you meet the other requirements you'll be fine. You may have to have a business license or something but as long as you do a bit of photography you should be ok.

I think their primary concern is the camera's and lenses. It says you have to be a full time pro photog, but I think as long as you meet the other requirements you'll be fine. You may have to have a business license or something but as long as you do a bit of photography you should be ok.
You fill out a form (no business license required) and submit it. A couple of weeks later you get a packet with all sorts of stuff in it and instructions on how to take advantage of their various services including expedited repair work.

I sent a 40D in for warranty work a year ago, I shipped it to California on Monday and was out shooting with it again that weekend. That was Montana, overnighted to California, repaired, and back on my doorstep in 5 days.

You fill out a form (no business license required) and submit it. A couple of weeks later you get a packet with all sorts of stuff in it and instructions on how to take advantage of their various services including expedited repair work.

ahh, yeah, I've never actually done it as I don't have the required equipment. I was just guessing based on how some photography album suppliers handle proving you're a photographer.

Most reactions

Back