Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

I have shot both, switched from Canon to Nikon, I'll sum this up so that no more posts need to be made. ;)

Lenses are equal in quality and selection except for....... Nikon has the 14-24 legend, Canon is coming out with a competitor but from what I've seen it is ridiculously expensive and no word on whether it can match the legend. Canon has better tilt shift options.

Ergonomics, very close, a matter of personal preference.

Some claim one AF system is better than the other, I have found that both are good and it has more to do with experience and how you use them.

Canon live view is way better.

Nikon sensors destroy canon sensors at this time. Period.

Sony has good sensors, but the lens selection is weak, and you will often find that sony users have a pathological hatred for Nikon. This is caused by extreme bitterness and jealousy. ;)
Not me I feel sorry for Nikon users always thinking their cameras are superior, do a search and see how many ask for a holiday camera because they can't carry it round all day [emoji3]

i feel sorry for people that buy horrendously expensive film cameras that take pretty much the same quality photos as cameras a quarter of the price, or could go medium format for far less and get better quality... but hey, someone has to buy the nikons and leicas right? ;)
I also shoot MF
In my opinion, it's the only film worth shooting. That's just me tho.
The only film worth shooting is 8x10. ;) Unfortunately I"m not worthy.

I have shot both, switched from Canon to Nikon, I'll sum this up so that no more posts need to be made. ;)

Lenses are equal in quality and selection except for....... Nikon has the 14-24 legend, Canon is coming out with a competitor but from what I've seen it is ridiculously expensive and no word on whether it can match the legend. Canon has better tilt shift options.

Ergonomics, very close, a matter of personal preference.

Some claim one AF system is better than the other, I have found that both are good and it has more to do with experience and how you use them.

Canon live view is way better.

Nikon sensors destroy canon sensors at this time. Period.

Sony has good sensors, but the lens selection is weak, and you will often find that sony users have a pathological hatred for Nikon. This is caused by extreme bitterness and jealousy. ;)
Not me I feel sorry for Nikon users always thinking their cameras are superior, do a search and see how many ask for a holiday camera because they can't carry it round all day [emoji3]

i feel sorry for people that buy horrendously expensive film cameras that take pretty much the same quality photos as cameras a quarter of the price, or could go medium format for far less and get better quality... but hey, someone has to buy the nikons and leicas right? ;)
I also shoot MF
In my opinion, it's the only film worth shooting. That's just me tho.
35mm is great, I can shoot on the streets faster with my Leica than any digital
Yes, how many times? 20 Pictures then you're DONE lol! Hmmm Film roll or 64GB SD...? :D
What sort of rolls have you used ? Mine have 36 and as Garry Winnogrand said there are no photos when I change films

It's more like 36 or 38 before Gary's suffering ends. Or at least takes a break.

Here's a post without all the quotes! Nikon sucks, Canon sucks, Leica sucks, Sony sucks. We live in terrible times for photographers. :-(

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah 36 Pictures... 20 Of which will be thrown away for bad composition or lighting or out of focus. WIth those 20 pictures goes another $5 in film... How much does a roll cost you? How much money are you throwing away by taking pictures for the joy of it? It's not about " needing " a digital camera, it's about the only thing happening when you take a picture is you reduce the life of that camera per picture. The camera will last 1 picture less each time you take a new one. Makes sense..? ;)

Gary doesn't even put film in the camera. He just uses the Leica to get chicks.

Yeah 36 Pictures... 20 Of which will be thrown away for bad composition or lighting or out of focus. WIth those 20 pictures goes another $5 in film... How much does a roll cost you? How much money are you throwing away by taking pictures for the joy of it? It's not about " needing " a digital camera, it's about the only thing happening when you take a picture is you reduce the life of that camera per picture. The camera will last 1 picture less each time you take a new one. Makes sense..? ;)
20 are not thrown away I don't shoot like digital shooters, my last 300 feet of film cost £65 so that is about £1.50 a roll, I never have to upgrade my cameras so it is probably cheaper and I know it is more satisfying especially when I go in my darkroom and make a print

20 are not thrown away I don't shoot like digital shooters, my last 300 feet of film cost £65 so that is about £1.50 a roll, I never have to upgrade my cameras so it is probably cheaper and I know it is more satisfying especially when I go in my darkroom and make a print

I think its the fumes that are satisfying.

I get a lot more people asking me about my cameras when I'm out, the funniest thing I get asked is "can you still get film"
Yeah, because it's the same shock/response as seeing a dinosaur that died 10 thousand years ago. " That still exsists?!"

I get a lot more people asking me about my cameras when I'm out, the funniest thing I get asked is "can you still get film"
Yeah, because it's the same shock/response as seeing a dinosaur that died 10 thousand years ago. " That still exsists?!"
Rubbish film is getting very popular, there are still 10 in our club

you should totally tell them no.
nope. they haven't made film in years.
i just do this out of muscle memory.

Rubbish film is getting very popular, there are still 10 in our club
Getting popular? Lol! Sorry mate didn't notice you were from the UK, it's understandable why you wouldn't want to walk around with a Neeekon... :p :D 10 Film in your club. 90 Digital? ;) Nothing wrong with shooting Film, don't get me wrong. But to say it would be better than digital ( Any new decent DSLR really.. ) is quite insane...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back