Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

My faculty adviser at UMD was Chinese. My first meeting with him, I had my film body with me (N90s). He took one look, got a big smile and pointed saying in a heavy accent "Neekon! I have one!"

In all films were George Clooney needs a DSLR he uses a Nikon, ex, The American " a stylish thriller" nuff said.
George Clooney?! Really?! You're gonna claim some sort of class and camera knowledge with THAT guy?! Well................. allrighty then lol!!! :biglaugh:

266521_George_Clooney_Funny_Face_1_445x299_591w.jpg

It's not the camera, it's the photographer.

If you buy a DSLR made within the past 3 years, you're usually getting a fine camera. That doesn't mean that you'll take good pictures.

If you buy a DSLR made within the past 3 years, you're usually getting a fine camera. That doesn't mean that you'll take good pictures.
Ain't that the truth!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

It's not the camera, it's the photographer.

Totally agreed, its always the photographers skills that will be the most determining factor in producing good pictures.
Still those who own Nikon cameras have the slight edge due to those AWESOME Sony sensors that give amazing DR and Sharpness!!!

Nikon Wins...................Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :applause:

Nikon users worry about numbers, Canon users worry about light, composition and beauty.

Nikon users worry about numbers, Canon users worry about light, composition and beauty.

I know a guy who owns a nikon and he worries about light, composition and beauty.

Nikon users have no need to worry about anything. That's what scene modes are for.

Nikon users have no need to worry about anything. That's what scene modes are for.
You mean that's what Sony sensors are for......yeap that keeps me warm at night and grain free in low light conditions

When people can look at the finished photos and identify the brand of camera they were shot with, WITHOUT that brand information being given to them or otherwise discerned via EXIF or any other means, then it will be a question worth asking.

Things like the sensor tech are also short term - 5 years or so ago Canon was totally ruling the roost sensor wise - now its Sony (Nikon uses sony sensors and Sony have sunk something like 5 times the R&D money into sensors than the others just because they wanted in on the market so had to come to the table with something outstanding to get a foot in) in a few years it could be Pentax!

Pentax also use Sony sensors, and from reports I've heard their agreement with Sony restricts them to sensors 2 years old or more. They have on occasion managed to eeke a little bit more out of the sensors than Sony or Nikon did.

Most reactions

Back