Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

These stereotypes of each brand are just those I gathered through internet research. I'm not saying I take these seriously, but I think it'd be interesting to see what your thoughts are regarding these points.

Canon
- Better lenses than Nikon
- Better customer service than Nikon
- More consistent than Nikon(in terms of quality control)

Nikon
- Better sensors than Canon
- More flexible shooting (accessories, flash systems..etc)

If Nikon has better sensors and worse lenses, and Canon has worse sensors and better lenses, would this mean that they produce the same quality of images? I've heard canon is really bad at dynamic range, shadows, and high iso(aps-c lineup).
That's funny because i've heard the exact same thing BACKWARDS. Nikon has better lenses, better quality, best service. not saying it's true, but that's what i've heard lol. Honestly I think it's kind of sad " Nikon is better, Canon is better " blabla it's all nonesense. It depends what you're doing what you want to pay and what you like. As for me, I shut down canon when I bought my first DSLR. Canon Rebel T3 or Nikon D3100. You hold the T3, it feels cheap, and like itll break easy if you bump it. Looks bad, no texture or anything, just plain simple cheap plastic. Nikon D3100, Solid feel, looks great, very tough, textured just as well as all the other Nikons. All around probably the best cheapo DSLR you can get. Based on that experience I took Nikon have always preferred the Nikons over Canon. I've read that Nikon has never used plastic in their lenses, Canon has. My conclusion is that Canon doesn't give a rats on the Cheap low end products they have but rather dump everything on the high end. Nikon treats all their products like no matter the price you get the quality that comes with Nikon. I don't know, to me Nikon is Superior IN MY OPINION, it's just what I like and the same goes for every Nikon or Canon shooter. We all shoot what works best for us and what we want to be. The Nikon D7100 is pretty much the best DSLR you can get now under $1000. It's been rated and reviewed the money you pay for that camera no one is touching it. My 2 cents.

Oh and i've found some Canons are made in China. Find a Nikon made in China ;)

Oh, the fun of jokingly bashing other people through their camera choices, eh?! LOL! What a knee-slapper that is, every time, time after time... :048:

But, those who actually think one brand is better than the others should prove it with their PHOTOS, put up against the best photos made by those who shoot with other brands, because THAT'S where it really counts.

Here's a clue: The very best photos out there are being made with every camera brand that exists. Give the "best" camera made by the "best" company to someone who can't shoot worth a crap, and that camera brand ain't worth spit on a sidewalk.

Rubber, meet road.

thats not as fun.

Darn it Buck don't take it serious!! Cause I think we got a rule against that in this kinda thread that means I have to lock it :(

Darn it Buck don't take it serious!! Cause I think we got a rule against that in this kinda thread that means I have to lock it :(
So before you lock it lets just sun it all up.......................

Ok children what did we learn here

1.Canon has lots of QC issues (but its all under the radar and Canon fanboys refuse to acknowledge it)
2.Nikon has very few QC issues and its very quick to fix them
3.Nikon has superior sensors
4.Canon users are good looking
5.Nikon users are the better skilled photographers (ok I made that one up)

Did I miss anything ?

Good thing you pulled me out for a warning! I was about to start making posts that look serious, like new member Life did!

Time for me to get back in line and shut up!

1.Canon has lots of QC issues (but its all under the radar and Canon fanboys refuse to acknowledge it)

Did I miss anything ?
Please stop, or a staff member will feel it necessary to slap me around again!

Did I miss anything ?
Pentax RULES !!

oh, nevermind. It's Canon v Nikon in this thread.
But if you look at the charts Samsung is gaining market share where everyone else (except Apple) is losing market share. I've been contently searching the web but I cannot find an Apple dSLR to upgrade to.

Samsung cameras ?

Nah, if I would go mirrorless route I would get a Sony, if they would have a good comprehensive lens collection they just might be showing Samsung who rules the mirrorless market.

Good thing you pulled me out for a warning! I was about to start making posts that look serious, like new member Life did!

Time for me to get back in line and shut up!

Now now now now now now now that wasn't a warning - warnings come with big flashy banners and red text and lots of paperwork!

But, those who actually think one brand is better than the others should prove it with their PHOTOS, put up against the best photos made by those who shoot with other brands, because THAT'S where it really counts.
This bit ALWAYS gets ignored.

I know a few disliked Steve5d, but I remember him saying something like 'Show me your award winning picture from your superb dynamic range camera'. I still have not seen it - yet.

Every non Sony sensored photo created prior to 2014 must really suck; right?:confused-55:

This is so interesting to skim.

Any two sensor configurations are going to render colors slightly differently, sometimes substantially differently.

Building the Bayer array is a balancing act. The less color discrimination you build in, the more light you're letting through. Different engineers are going to make different tradeoffs. Colors one sensor can discriminate will render identically on another.

Is it subtle? Not really. Can you "correct" away all the differences? No, but you can get awful close, in general.

I know a few disliked Steve5d, but I remember him saying something like 'Show me your award winning picture from your superb dynamic range camera'. I still have not seen it - yet.

Every non Sony sensored photo created prior to 2014 must really suck; right?:confused-55:
I loved Steve5D!
Every time there was a thread with some gear elitist ranting and raving about how you can't be a professional without a D800 or 5dIII, steve would roll in, his sole income being from photography, with his 5d classic.

Ah, good times.

I loved Steve5D!
Every time there was a thread with some gear elitist ranting and raving about how you can't be a professional without a D800 or 5dIII, steve would roll in, his sole income being from photography, with his 5d classic.

Ah, good times.

Hope he is doing well. May have to start a where's Steve5d thread :)

I couldn't tell you what camera was used in any of my favorite photos. frankly it wouldn't make me like the photo any more or less.

Most reactions

Back