Canon Vs Nikon

any of the above mentioned cameras can do what you're wanting to do, so it's basically down to features, ease of use, and systems. both canon and nikon make terrific equipment, period. It really doesnt matter what you get into at this point in technical terms, it's just personal opinion. The canon 350d and the nikon d70s are your best choices for that price. I say go check them out at a store and see how you like their shape, size, and menu navigation. I know alot of people that bought (or plan to buy) the 350d because of its easy to use interface and small size. But on the other hand I also know many people that bought the d70 or d70s because of its advanced features and bulkier feel (i am among those that like big hefty cameras). I say go check them both out and pick which one feels better.

on a side note, the 350d does have a slight edge on noise. The image quality is terrific from both cameras, but the canon sensor does a better job at dealing with high ISOs. you'll want to keep that in the back of your mind if you think you might do any photojournalism in low light situations. If you dont mind using flash, it's not quite as big of a problem, and nikon's flash systems are better than canon's.

haha...yeah...words like these make me confuse :S

Anyway, they're not available at our market! I've to check again on the web. One suggests me to wait for a good model from both of these companies...coming very soon...20D or something like that ..... what's that....and how much it may cost???

Now, just as a side note regarding weight. I have the 350D, but always have the battery grip on it. Otherwise I agree with the comments which say it is too small, and I like having the extra battery life and room to hold on. Not to mention taking vertical pictures comfortably. Just one mroe thing to think about :)

thebeginning said:
any of the above mentioned cameras can do what you're wanting to do, so it's basically down to features, ease of use, and systems. both canon and nikon make terrific equipment, period. It really doesnt matter what you get into at this point in technical terms, it's just personal opinion. The canon 350d and the nikon d70s are your best choices for that price. I say go check them out at a store and see how you like their shape, size, and menu navigation. I know alot of people that bought (or plan to buy) the 350d because of its easy to use interface and small size. But on the other hand I also know many people that bought the d70 or d70s because of its advanced features and bulkier feel (i am among those that like big hefty cameras). I say go check them both out and pick which one feels better.

on a side note, the 350d does have a slight edge on noise. The image quality is terrific from both cameras, but the canon sensor does a better job at dealing with high ISOs. you'll want to keep that in the back of your mind if you think you might do any photojournalism in low light situations. If you dont mind using flash, it's not quite as big of a problem, and nikon's flash systems are better than canon's.

What're those ADVANCED FEATURES???

Peanuts said:
Now, just as a side note regarding weight. I have the 350D, but always have the battery grip on it. Otherwise I agree with the comments which say it is too small, and I like having the extra battery life and room to hold on. Not to mention taking vertical pictures comfortably. Just one mroe thing to think about :)

What about the batteris???

I mean, both use pencil batteries or any re-chargable Lithium ones???

Can't help you really on what batteries the Nikon's use, but the BG-E3 battery grip (which I use), takes either two NB-2LH (lithium) batteries, or six AA batteries. That comes in handy when a charger isn't available and you need more power seeing as AA are more common to be lying around as opposed to lithium batteries. But I must mention, the 6 AA do not last as long as the two lithium batteries.

If your budget is $1000 then you can do better than that. You can get d70 or Digital Rebel XT (350D). As the beginning said.

Couldn't agree more. And if you are serious about photography, you can build a system around either DSLR without limiting your craft. OTOH, once you decide on Nikon or Canon, the investment in lenses and other options will "lock you in" that system. A brand change can be expensive.

First: Canon AND Nikon are great cams
Second: I prefer Canon so I recommend you a 10D or 20D (or a D60, should be less expensive and is a pro cam too).

That can't go by without another Nikon vote. (he he) Sorry, had to be said.....

Word on the street is that Holga will be releasing a medium-format digital, all plastic, $140.

Wow, where can I get one, I want to be the first in line when they start sales. I'll put it on my dust shelf along side my Fujak $7.00 P&S single use digital. And my 110 instamatic and... on and on. Oh I just can't wait! I'm so excited I think I'm going to pee myself.

Most reactions

Back