canon XSi or Nikon D5000

is it true that nikon is more sharp than canon in terms of focus?
No, that's not true.

And at the most basic technical level, that would be a function of the lens, not the camera.

I could make an image with both brands and you would not be able to tell which was which.

You're still getting hung up on hardware.

Once again, the biggest differences in image quality come from the person using the hardware, not the hardware itself.

But, do what you feel you need to do. For what it's worth, technically the D5000 will deliver better image quality, given the operator knows what they are doing with it.

No, that's not true.

And at the most basic technical level, that would be a function of the lens, not the camera.

I could make an image with both brands and you would not be able to tell which was which.

Once again, the biggest differences in image quality come from the person using the hardware, not the hardware itself.

But, do what you feel you need to do. For what it's worth, technically the D5000 will deliver better image quality, given the operator knows what they are doing with it.

There is a fine line there.
If you are saying that it all comes down to the photographer when it comes time to create a sharp photograph, then yes... I've seen people post sharp shots with a D40, and others P&S looking shots with a D700.

BUT
The fact remains there is a difference in IQ, and can be quite great when you are comparing models (like a D40, and D700).

No, that's not true.

There is a fine line there.
If you are saying that it all comes down to the photographer when it comes time to create a sharp photograph, then yes... I've seen people post sharp shots with a D40, and others P&S looking shots with a D700.

BUT
The fact remains there is a difference in IQ, and can be quite great when you are comparing models (like a D40, and D700).
True, but he's not comparing an crop sensor, entry level camera to a prosumer, full frame camera.

wow still nothing much here i think people are distracted
i mean come on a 2 person canon vs. nikon

I've seen you post about this a few different times, and it's getting kind of weak.

Are you trying to instigate?

maybe
jk ill stop i geuss its geeting kind of old

so basically the d5000 is a little better,,, i really like the xsi, but monday im gonna fool around with the d5000 from a friend see which one feels better in my hand and i work with better. CNet rated d5000 better than xsi.

so basically the d5000 is a little better,,, i really like the xsi, but monday im gonna fool around with the d5000 from a friend see which one feels better in my hand and i work with better. CNet rated d5000 better than xsi.

No, the person behind the camera is the most important part of the equation
Nikon is not sharper than Canon and Canon is not sharper than Nikon certain lenses are sharper than others, I still think you should learn how to use what you have got and then you will have a better idea of what you need

Most reactions

Back