Canon XT for $198 BRAND NEW!

CBRfanatic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was shopping in walmart and they had a XT on display, with the 18-55mm kit lens with a price tag of $198! i thought i was seeing things! I went to purchase it and the price was for the Canon K2. Long story short, i pressed them about false advertisement and how the customer should be able to purchase an item for the displayed price, and i won the argument. So i have a voucher for a Rebel XT 18-55mm kit that i go and pick up tomorrow morning after shipment:mrgreen:

Just wanted to share a good day with everyone.

Nice catch on that one!!! Enjoy it. It is a fun camera kit.

Way to stick it to the man! Im going to wallmart!

wow, good deal!

yea i couldnt believe it myself, i just thought there was some major sale going on. how much better is the XT over the rebel?

WOW! Nice job!!!

edit-- Wait, long story short? What is the whole story? I want to try this at my Walmart!

WOW! Nice job!!!

edit-- Wait, long story short? What is the whole story? I want to try this at my Walmart!
long story was the Ast. Store mgr didnt want to go through with it and was going to leave it to the store manager to take care of it when he/she returned the end of the week. i had to break it to him how the ast store mgr is the active store manager if the actual store manager is absent. And how they cannot cover up false advertisement with just an apology, i threatened to go to the local press and news also (always works, lol). i just wanted to stick it to them so such a sweet deal, if it was over a printer or something i wouldve just let it slide, but its not everyday you can nab a nice dslr for under $200 brand new.

nobody's going to get fired, it's just a mistake.
exactly, and honest mistakes happen. If anything ill offer them a free photo shoot with the new camera :lmao:

Holy ****........ I am so jealous. I paid $680 for mine!
but i bet you felt pretty good being able to buy it. I doubt ill even open the box, ill more then likely put it towards my MKIII funds:heart:

heres a quick snapshot of the advertisement they had under the XT demo model.
I had a photocopy of the card made so now shady business would be undertaken by management.
img2035tt9.jpg

optional compactflash card? it isn't really an option. "I bought the $500+ camera only to have fun with a 3 second review pic that deletes itself, never inteded to get a card anyway."

its weird that they didnt have the disclaimer saying that about priting errors...

Most reactions

Back