Canon XT or Nikon D70?

LunarFlame

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking into purchasing a new camera. I currently use a Kodak Z650, and I am getting bored with it. I have been looking at the Canon Rebel XT and the Nikon D70. I am quite a photography newbie, but I'd like to have more to work with than what the Kodak Z650 is offering me.

So to those with experience, I was wondering what you might suggest, and why.

thanks!

I think the D80 is the current model in that line for Nikon, but I have been out of shopping mode for quite a while now.

When I purchased my system I spent a good bit of time over at dpreview.com with their side-by-side feature charts and reviews. When looking at the feature charts I was able to start zeroing in on price points and features that were and were not important to me. At the time I believe I was down to the Canon XT and the D70s. I had trouble with the decision between the 2 until I actually held them both in my hand. The D70 fit my hand better.

Rather than a suggestion, I will make a comment. You will not go wrong with either system. Which is right is something only you can answer, but we are more than happy to help you zero in on the correct choice.

Start here and see if there are any differences between the two that matter to you:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...0d,canon_eos450d,nikon_d40,nikon_d80&show=all

thank-you for that link :)

BTW: take a look on ebay if you are interested in a d70, there's typically quite a few available in great condition.

Most reactions

Back