Canon XTi or the Canon 20D?

Fewski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can I get your opinions on which is better, the Canon XTi or the Canon 20D?

The camera will be used mainly for action photos, race cars, ect. But will also still like to take regular pictures also.

Can anyone give me a comparison?

Fewski said:
Can I get your opinions on which is better, the Canon XTi or the Canon 20D?

The camera will be used mainly for action photos, race cars, ect. But will also still like to take regular pictures also.

Can anyone give me a comparison?

i have them both, and prefer my 20. but if youre getting a first time DSLR, the XTi is an amazing camera, and comes with a nice pricetag.

The XTi is much newer technology...it has things like a self cleaning sensor and a nice big LCD screen. However, the 20D (or the newer 30D) is a step above the Rebel cameras...and are therefore heavier, sturdier and has the wonderful thumb wheel on the back.

If sports are on your priority list...then consider that the 20D shoots at 5 frames per second and the XTi is only 3 FPS.

im also a firm believer of 20D>30D

larger lcd is useless, and thats all you really pay for with the 30D, (with the exception of the spot meter which is very nice, but doesnt warrent the extra money by itself)

Thank you all for your opinions... I did some more searching and found a great deal on a Canon 300d camera... Any reviews on this?

I found it cheaper than all the other cameras and it looks to be pretty good.

That's the first Digital Rebel, which was updated to the 350D (Rebel XT) and that was updated to the 400D (Rebel XTi).

If your budget is really tight...then the 300D would be better than a point & shoot digi cam...but you would be taking a fair step down from either the 20D or Rebel XTi.

A lot of people say to "get the best you can afford"...which may be a good idea in this case....but that's up to you.

If you're taking sports pics you would do well to think of burst speed and build quality. The 20D would be really good. The XTi is a fine little camera and capable, But I wouldn't want to bash it too hard in my persuit of a good shot.
Forget the 300. Old tech Low everything replaced twice already by quantum leaps in entry level cameras. Very good in it's day and still capable of some good images, but if you are going to buy a new camera you want to get as much bang for your buck as you can, anyway you may still have it 5 years from now. and what will be available then...?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back