Canon Xti v. Sony A300

tafkam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Any thoughts? I was leaning towards the Canon but the Sony seems to have more features including built in anti shake in the body.

Both around the same price right now, was hoping an owner of either or someone who has tried both has any opinions.

Would be getting it with the kit lens, either way I go. I know the Sony has some options for "Carl Zeiss" lenses if that means anything, sounds German so I assume it would be a good lens upgrade eventually.....

Thanks
Mike

Go to a camera store and hold both and then decide which one is right for you.

When you buy an SLR you aren't buying a camera, you are buying an entire system. If you're planning to upgrade your camera at some point down the line, it might be worth going for the Canon, because they have a much larger range of products available.

I had the same dilemma 2 months ago and went with the xti for the reason Tiberius47 mentioned. No regrets so far.

Go to a camera store and hold both and then decide which one is right for you.

Well, you were absolutely right and I do appreciate it! I was going to order a camera online just based on specs but when I actually went to Click and Circuit City I held a Canon, Nikon etc and the one that felt the best in my hand was the Sony.

I got the 200 so save some money since they had a 60 buck discount online and picked it up at the store so it was 577 with tax and all, a pretty good deal even compared with the online stores.

It may just be the little "finger grip" indentation on the grip but again, I tried an Olympus 510, a Canon XTi and Xsi and Nikon D40 and D60 but the Sony a200 just felt the best when I first picked it up, and I never really thought there would be much of a difference until the reply to my post, so I thought I would check it out. Glad I did and thank you again for the advice.

Mike G in Dayton, OH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back