Canon Zoom lens on Sony cam

hubby_sayitagain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've got a problem with my Sony DSC-V3. I'd like to buy a zoom lens bigger than those from sony. Does somebody know how to attach a zoom lens of an other producer (maybe canon) to my sony camera? Sony doesn't seem to sell adapters.

I'd be very happy if somebody could help me!

Welcome to the forum.

From what I could find, there is an adapter for your camera that will allow you to put on threaded lens filters. You could then put on any threaded filter, made by any company.

You will not be able to attach another 'zoom lens'...only an adapter/filter. Could be a wide angle, or a telephoto or any type of filter that people might typically thread to the front of a lens. The problem is that anything you put in front of your lens will degrade the image quality. If you were thinking that you could put on a telephoto adapter and get fantastic clear shots of something far away...you would probably be disappointed.

This is one reason that I would have recommended to you (or anybody), to purchase a digital SLR camera rather than a compact point & shoot type of camera. (especially in that price range). Not that there is anything wrong with your camera...it just has many inherent limitations when compared to a DSLR.

Hopefully this was helpful.

Thank you very much,

I did find the adapter for lenses and I was aware that I might not be able to attach a zoom lens to my camera but I wanted to try everything and I hoped that there would be any adapter for zoom lenses.

By the way, I got the camera as a present so I didn't really had the choice. :) and now I'm getting to learn what the differences are bettween SLRs and compact cameras.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help and effort!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back