Can't decide 5d mark iii or mark iv

Buy Canon 5d mark iii or mark iv

• Mark iii

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mark iv

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Do you have a 4k tv? Do you need your pics uploaded to web before the shoot is over?

I think I do. I have the same dilemma. Im considering 6dmii as well.
Yeah 4k TV and 4k Oppo blu ray player. Plus the future will be 4k. Thought about the 6d as well. But you can get the 5d Miii for the same price. I'll have the camera for 10 yrs most likely. gonna go for the 5d Markiv from BH for 3299 plus they give you a few extras. I dont like gray market or EBay. I always try to ordewr from BH photo. $300 is worth buying from an authorized dealer.
FYI, the 5DIV 4K abilities are considered pretty much by the entire industry to be unusable due to its old codec which creates huge files.
Quality is excellent but it goes through SD cards like a drunk through booze.

Sorry for not keeping you updated. I decided to buy the 5D Mark IV and love it. .
Oh, just saw this post, congrats, I think you will be happy at the long run for getting the MkIV, its an impressive camera and if I was in the canon system that's the camera I would get.
But then I have the D850 so no jealousy here on my part hee hee ;)

Sorry for not keeping you updated. I decided to buy the 5D Mark IV and love it. I went from a 7D and it is a nice all rounded upgrade for me. The Nikon 850 gave me a big decision to make also. It can down to that I have to much invested in glass to go that route. I'm also just an amature photographer and I believe I made a rather good choice.

It looks to be a very good camera. Can't chase specs everytime something new comes out. Unless your filthy rich. Then your constantly learning new bodies all the time.

It looks to be a very good camera. Can't chase specs everytime something new comes out. Unless your filthy rich. Then your constantly learning new bodies all the time.
That's so true, learning a new camera is a process, to me it takes so long to know my camera inside out, while I have my D850 for over a month I am still feeling like its a total stranger, still learning to know it.
These pro level cameras like the 5DIV and D850 are complex piece of technology and it takes time to learn I, some longer then others.

I got my MKiv a few months back and really love it! Although I came from a 6D so was a big improvement for me. There are only two things I wish they had done differently. No AA filter, and the same tilty twisty screen they put on the 6DMKii. Otherwise I couldn't be happier.

I got my MKiv a few months back and really love it! Although I came from a 6D so was a big improvement for me. There are only two things I wish they had done differently. No AA filter, and the same tilty twisty screen they put on the 6DMKii. Otherwise I couldn't be happier.
Congradulations to you on your new gear.

Most reactions

Back