Can't decide 5d mark iii or mark iv

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by STR8SHOOTR, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Buy Canon 5d mark iii or mark iv

1. Mark iii

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Mark iv

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. lance70

lance70 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I highly doubt you would regret a 5d MIII, as with most new camera bodies you will notice a difference with better high ISO performance but if you shoot in good light at 5.6 or f8 you will probably not be able to tell which camera it came from.....I have shot with both Canon and Nikon, FX & DX and can fool people every time by posting a group of pictures and people have no clue which came from a new body either being Nikon or Canon or which came from my older 5d MII......Most people on here will tell you this and it's very true, put the money in a good lens........Bodies will come and go.......I own the 80d and 5D MII, I still find myself using the older camera just because I don't need the features of the 80d as much.... I don't care about video at all, so that's another question you need to ask yourself, are you really going to shoot video? You can't go wrong with either body, just don't let people talk you into always getting the latest body......I still have pics from my Nikon D90 of the same statue in my back yard.....taken with all the bodies and lenses I have owned....and the D90 with the 85mm 1.8 lens looks as good as anything I have owned since.

2. ronlane

ronlane What's next? Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I would say that you'll see a big difference no matter which one you get. But if you aren't a professional and are one to keep a camera for a long time, I'd say go with the IV because it is that much newer and will be fine for a long time. Not that the III isn't but it is older and I think that they general upgrades on the IV are worth it for most people.

3. STR8SHOOTR

STR8SHOOTR TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Sorry for not keeping you updated. I decided to buy the 5D Mark IV and love it. I went from a 7D and it is a nice all rounded upgrade for me. The Nikon 850 gave me a big decision to make also. It can down to that I have to much invested in glass to go that route. I'm also just an amature photographer and I believe I made a rather good choice.